Private Static Caravan on working farm in Yorkshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private Static Caravan on working farm in Yorkshire

We stayed in this caravan last week, it's just outside High Bentham on the Yorkshire/Lancashire border. Here is my review as requested by CyberCynth .

The caravan isn't the most modern but it is very nicely furnished and very comfortable, it sleeps four people in two bedrooms, one is a large bedroom with a double bed and en-suite shower room and the other bedroom has twin beds suitable for two children. The lounge/dining area has a large wrap around seating for comfortable lounging and a dining table with seating, the kitchen is well equipped with a cooker and four burner gas hob.

The heating is provided by a gas fire in the lounge and electric heaters in the double bedroom and shower room, there is a separate fan heater supplied for cold weather, however with the caravan being only single glazed I wouldn't recommend for the winter months. There is a television and dvd player but due to covid19 the dvd's had been temporarily removed so bring your own.

It is situated on a working farm and is sited away from the farm house and next to a huge barn building where some work was going on but nothing that would spoil your stay. The owner was a very nice lady who was on hand for anything we wanted but left us to enjoy our relaxing holiday, she had cleaned the caravan thoroughly before our arrival and even put all the dishes through her dishwasher for added cleanliness due to the virus.

The caravan has a stunning view from the window of the fields and hills in the distance. High Bentham is a short drive with a Coop supermarket, pub, cafe and fish shop amongst other shops. Nearby Ingleborough nature trail takes you to stunning water falls and Clapham just down the road has a lovely walk through a private estate to a cave, the private grounds costs £1 for adults and 50p for children and the caves costs £9 for adults.

The nearby coast of Morecambe bay is a half hour drive away with a sandy beach and typical seaside attractions. Blackpool is an hours journey and the lovely Lytham St Annes has a lovely stretch of beach and a nice promenade to walk along.

At time of writing the caravan is £270 per week irrespective of when you stay.

Here is my video review which is bit rubbish and jerky due to me rushing because grandson George was itching to get into the van to explore.

Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Wow! That's lovely Graham. Now, if I was going self catering it's just the sort of location I would love: a single unit in nice surroundings, with (presumably) no passing traffic. A shame about the single glazing as it would make it draughty out of season.... Price fairly reasonable, although it's obviously an older unit. Plenty of space in the 'van and outside, and no muddy farm yard to have to cross for access?! What's not to like!

Thanks for posting.
    Cynthia.

Comment

CyberCynth No muddy or smelly farm yard, the caravan was down a longish track at the side of the farm off a very quiet road so no traffic noise it was very peaceful.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X