Yeo Valley Holiday Raffle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucy's mum View Post
    I started with organic whole milk for kefir but switched to ordinary semi-skimmed without much change in the results. I didn't drink it but put it on my breakfast fruit and cereal mix. I gave up making it because it was such a faff keeping it alive when we went away. It's not something you can make on a touring holiday. And I hadn't noticed any health benefits.
    Lucy's mum I think you would notice an improvement in gut function if you were of the type to suffer from food intolerances/allergies/digestive disorders. I had thought of buying some for Echo as she has a lot of food intolerances but since I've altered her diet to about 80% fresh, natural food she has been a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy's mum View Post
      I started with organic whole milk for kefir but switched to ordinary semi-skimmed without much change in the results. I didn't drink it but put it on my breakfast fruit and cereal mix. I gave up making it because it was such a faff keeping it alive when we went away. It's not something you can make on a touring holiday. And I hadn't noticed any health benefits.
      You might not notice anything but your gut microbes will improve which in turn help your immune system. Maybe you didn’t get as many sniffles and colds as you did in the past?

I mentioned a book quite a while ago about the immune system and how to make it work to its optimum and improving gut health was one of the important factors. Book should be in book section if you were interested.

ive read you can freeze kefir grains, again it’s something I will have to experiment with and report back

Meow is the time to chill with my cat =^..^=

Comment

I did freeze them Pauline but they take a few days to get back to normal when defrosted so some of the kefir needed to be thrown away. That was my experience anyway. I rely on a large intake of fruit and veg and yoghurt to keep my innards in line. My experience of colds was decreased dramatically when we got the dog and I got out more. But I still take vit D in the winter anyway. It also helped when the granddaughters grew up and didn't bring do many bugs home.
        Last edited by Lucy's mum; 30-12-2020, 16:59.

Comment

I had an email recently from Yeo Valley to inform me that I HADN'T won a self catering holiday. Oh well, it was nice to dream.... The competition's sponsors though, having my email are making the most of it by trying to sell me either a holiday home (read static caravan) or just a holiday in one of their hire units. However, looking at their prices, I think my 4 breaks on campsites this year are cheaper in total than what I'd pay to rattle around in one of their caravans, as nice as they might be!

I was talking to my daughter about this the other day, and she still thinks I'd enjoy a self catering break, especially now I'm getting a bit older. (Thanks, darling girl!) However, quite apart from the cost, I don't like the idea of investing my modest holiday budget on just one week in a caravan or similar. What if the weather was awful all week?! What if I didn't like the venue? The beauty of camping, IMHO is the spreading of holidays over several different periods/locations. Surely I would get at least ONE break with nice weather inclusive?

Roll on 12th April!
          Cynthia.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X