Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More tyre questions

Hello Ant.

I took my Duo for a MOT this morning at the local garage and it turned out to be quite a educasheunal visit. The mechanic noted that the rear nearside tyre was rubbing slightly on the inside (on what, I have forgotten) but only when the Duo was up on the jacks. He said that it was not a big problem or a MOT fail but it should not be doing it and could do with more investigation.

I pointed out to him that earlier in the year I had changed the front wheels to the back and vice versa to enable me to check, over a period of time, for a possible alignment problem and also even up the tyre wear. I could see his ears twitching to the tune '' Oh dear, what can the matter be ''. After a quick look he informed me that the Duo had 175's on the back and 165's on the front. He asked if the vehicle felt a bit unstable to drive since the wheel swop and I had to admit - yes, it was, more so on the dreaded motorway.

Looking at previous posts it appears that my 1998 Duo should have commercial type 165's all round. Ant, can you please confirm this.
    At the moment the tyres are :- Front - Marangoni M100LT, 165 / 70R14C 89/87R. Rear :- Hero HR558 (cheap rubbish ???) 175 /70R14 84T.

Would it be best if I start from scratch and have all four tyres changed to something better? I will be swopping the wheels round later today. By the way, the Kwik-fit (not to be trusted ??? ) web page shows 175/65H14 for my Duo registration number! It would be interesting to know what other Duo owners get for a tyre size.

Kind regards,
    Tony

Hi Tony.
    165's are the correct size for a 1998 Berlingo, they changed to 175's later on.
    Black and round are the best tyres to get providing they are commercially rated, and the wt limit on the tyre is half the back axle limit ( axle 1090 kg, tyres 545kg each), not all tyres that are commercially rated will carry the wt.
    Ant

Comment

Hi Ant.

Thank you for the quick and concise reply. 165's of the correct type all round it will be very soon. I will entrust the work to the local garage who seem to have done their homework. Thanks again.

Tony

Comment

The Tyres.

I have a 2007 Duo lo Outlook at the moment and i have Michlin 185/55 R15 Green all round and they have worked fine for me and at 45psi front and 50psi at the back with all the ice and snow plus rain.
        Originally posted by alive23512 View Post
        Hi Ant.

Thank you for the quick and concise reply. 165's of the correct type all round it will be very soon. I will entrust the work to the local garage who seem to have done their homework. Thanks again.

Tony
        Roger Green.Roger Green.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X