Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubber window seal on outside of R20 hylo rear door

Hi Ant,
    I noticed today that the outside rubber seal of the upper window of my R20 hylo (2008) is lifting in the bottom right hand corner of the upper window and has come unstuck. I'm not sure what to do about it, and am a bit worried that it compromises the security of the van, or that the window might eventually drop out - the inner seal is intact. Is this something I can put right myself, or do I need to take it to a dealer to have it repaired? I am in Manchester, so the nearest dealer is in Halifax, but bought the van from Moran's in Ludlow and I'm not sure that either can do repairs. Any advice gratefully received!
    Yvonne

Hi Yvonne.
    Don't worry too much about the window from a security or leaking point of veiw, as the glass is bonded in, the rubber exterior trim is just a finishing trim and plays no part in the fitting of the window. On a warm day you could push the rubber back in place with some glue or sealant just to make it look better.
    Ant

Comment

Thanks very much Ant - you've made my day!!! Will no doubt meet you at some time in the future as I'd like to bring the van to you for servicing , if that's ok,
      Cheers,
      Yvonne

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X