Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems fitting reversing camera

Hi Ant,
    As I have had several near misses when reversing my Dimension, I have taken the plunge and bought a small reversing camera.
    The camera is quite simple to fit, as it fits under the rear numberplate, but I have a problem conecting it to the offside brake light. I can take the rear door panel off to thread the wires, but it seems that I need to take the side panel off the fridge to get at the rear lamps.
    Is this necessary?
    Regards,
    Eugene.

Eugene

Sure Ant will be along later. Although mine is connected to the reversing light, I find it helpful to leave the monitor on all the time, if you have that feature. Monitor was fitted covering the rear view mirror, but fell off one day, luckily, and I found it better to have both mirror and monitor, handy for overtaking, especially in France. If camera is on the bumper you probably won't see a lot in rainy conditions though.

Tony Anchorman
    Last edited by anchorman; 31-07-2010, 19:01.

Comment

Originally posted by eugene View Post
      Hi Ant,
      As I have had several near misses when reversing my Dimension, I have taken the plunge and bought a small reversing camera.
      The camera is quite simple to fit, as it fits under the rear numberplate, but I have a problem conecting it to the offside brake light. I can take the rear door panel off to thread the wires, but it seems that I need to take the side panel off the fridge to get at the rear lamps.
      Is this necessary?
      Regards,
      Eugene.
      Cannot you connect it to the other brake light?
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Sorry Twolitre the number plate on the Dimension is on the offside door,to connect the camera to the nearside lights would mean going across the doorway.
        Regards
        Eugene.

Comment

Hi Eugene.
          You need to remove the rear light cluster, you can do this by squeezing your hands in behind the light and undoing the plastic nut that holds the light in. That sounds simple enough but in reality it's a bit of a sod to get off. If you need to trigger using the rev' light feed you can find the feed for your rev' sensors and use that without going to the trouble of taking the light out.
          Ant

Comment

Ant
            Thank you for your help, but you have given me another problem.
            Where do I take a feed off the bumper sensors?
            The sensors are in the bumper and the camera is mounted on the door numberplate.
            I bought this camera because I thought it would be a simple job to fix, and would not involve drilling holes in the Dimension. Now I find it is going to be a very difficult job.
            Thanks again for your reply.
            Regards Eugene.

Comment

Hi Eugene.
              From memory I took the feed from a plug in tail behind the offside light, you could run your wire under the rear step plastic trim and feed it in to the door panel at the hinge side.
              Ant

Comment

Problems fitting reversing camera

Hi again Ant.
                Thanks for the information. I hope that you do not mind just one more question.
                As the camera fits under the numberplate, can I take a feed for the camera from the numberplate light? I realize that this means the camera will always be on while driving, but perhaps it will help me avoid people crashing into the back of me.
                Thanks again for your input,
                Regards,
                Eugene.

Comment

Hi Eugene.
                  If you use the No' plate light as a feed the camera will only come on when the side lights are switched on. You'd have to remember to turn the side lights on when you want to reverse.
                  Ant

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X