pod exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pod exchange

Hello Ant i am thinking of taking our pod off of the c15 and refitting it onto an 06 c15 van. Is the pod bolted on or glued, i do have a modern commercial workshop that i can attempt to do this in. What are your thoughts on this regards Michael.

Hi Spoony.
    Apart from Romahome not recommending body swaps and insisting on the Romahome name being removed there are a few practical snags. The reason Romahome don't like the practice is they have no control over the workmanship and ultimate structural integrity of the end product that will be associated with the Marque.
    The 06 C15 will probably be a 600Kg Chassis so will only be suitable for bodies up to 1989 where the lower part of the van is no cut away and the GRP body is attached to it. The fixing of the body is a mixture of rivets and glue, if your van is the early body type it will be easier to get off than the complete GRP body. Getting the body off without damaging it will be the tricky bit. I've only removed one from a vehicle I was scrapping out of curiosity and turned the body into a chicken shed I don't think I'd fancy the job without being able to use force. Many of the re-bodied vans I see have had a complete respray cab and body I suspect to make good the removal damage. You may like to talk to Broadland Leisure in Norfolk they have been body swapping for many years and may be happy to help you with the finer details of the job.
    Lastly run it by your insurance company, some are a bit spooked by the concept.
    Thanks
    Ant

Comment

bodyswop

Thankyou Ant .That is very helpfull we do have the van body that still has a a bit at the bottom but i think i will put it on ebay as spares or repair and buy another one in better condition .Regards Michael

Comment