Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimension Engine Cover

Hi Ant
    Posted this on Romahome Chat a few months ago but appreciate your thoughts/experience on this:

Hi all
    This forum is an unexpected find, I can see i'm going to spend a few hours trawling through the many threads!
    We have recently purchased a s/hand R30 Dimension (2008), virtually no mileage, with which we are over the moon. A great motor caravan that will give us many years of happy travelling etc.
    Although this year van was not fitted with an engine cover (to save water sitting on the engine over long periods) we expected to be able to take the van into the local Citroen agent for a retrofit (as van is still under warranty) as per Fiat/Peugout but NO. Citroen apparantly has not issued any recalls for this work and the local agent requires something like £106.00 to carry out the retrofit. Would appreciate any help on this or do I have to swallow the cost.
    Cheers, Eddie

Hi Eddie.
    As far as I'm aware the cover was fitted FOC to those vans in need, there are some members on here who have been through the process. It's not always easy dealing with a Citroen main dealer, there are good ones and really poor ones, you may find reasoning with a different dealer might help.
    If all else fails and you don't want the pay, don't worry too much about it the rusty injectors can be treated with rust proofing and the rest is largely cosmetic.
    Ant

Comment

Dimension Engine Cover

Thanks Ant,
      The dealership has been really helpful on other matters but will not budge on the engine cover stating that Citroen will not cover the work. Only problem with other dealers locally is that they are all owned by the same company, perhaps I will make an approach myself to Citroen!! I know its not a lot of money but if Fiat/Peugeot carry out the work FOC why not Citroen
      Cheers, Eddie

Comment

Dimension Engine Cover

Hi Ant
        I eventually contacted Citroen UK re the engine cover and their area service manager replied to confirm that they would supply/fit FOC as a gesture of goodwill. So it shows it pays to ask. Engine cover now fitted keeping the injectors etc water free.
        Cheers, Eddie

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X