Window.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window.

Morning Ant. Could you please give some advise re side windows. On my Bedford Rascal Romahome. The other day I did a super clean job. Whilst opening one of the caravan type side windows fully it literally came out in my hand We pushed had heaved it back into the top rubber but then it just seemed to pop out again Having finally getting it back in place my husband is now thinking of drilling through the top alley channel/perspect window, and putting a screw or nut and bolt through to stop it falling out again, as I am worried about opening the window at all in case it falls out again. Doing this sounds like a bit of a lash up to me, I haven't said this to Hubby so could you give best advises please. Many Thanks Daisie.

Hi Daisie.
    The window was only ever held in by some silicone sealant in the Ali' channel. The problem to drilling and fixing is the window may develop cracks around the fixed points. I would take it out of the channel, put some sealant along the window and the channel and refit it, it will go in a bit easier with the sealant. Shut and lock down the window for a day or so before trying to use it.
    Ant

Comment

Many Thanks Ant. Will do just as you suggest Mind you with the weather as it is I don't think I will be opening the window till about next July anyway!!
      Thanks again Daisie.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X