Acty Romahome carborretor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acty Romahome carborretor problem

Hi all, my lovely old 1984 acty has developed a problem with the carborretor, I think its something to do with a kind of vacuum setup inside, my mechanic has stripped it down and done his best, but cant her running properly...does anybody have any tips or come to that a suitable replacement? Havent been able to source one so any help really would be appreciated, as otherwise it might be the end for her!!!! Thanks in hope
    Jean::

Hi Hastings.
    You've really got my memory in overload for this one, it must be a hundred years since I last stripped a Honda carburetor. From memory the most likely problem will either be a hole or split in the accelerator pump diaphragm or more simply a faulty fuel shut off solenoid. The latter would intermittently stop the fuel for a millisecond giving a rough and jerking feel to the engine. The pump diaphragm would result in a flat response to the throttle especially when accelerating hard up through the gears. As for bits, thats a much harder trick to solve, try breaker websites or Tony Swann ( Acty man) on this site.
    Ant

Comment

Here is Tony Swann's website

http://www.actyvan.net/About%20Us.html
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Jean
        Your 1984 Acty might be in the running for the oldest Island Plastics/Romahome still on the road. The Roma Club is trying to find the oldest van so please send me a Private Message with the details and I will let you know.
        Thanks
        Colin
        PS Hope you get the problem fixed, you can't do better than Ant.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X