Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Hi Jean
    Your 1984 Acty might be in the running for the oldest Island Plastics/Romahome still on the road. The Roma Club is trying to find the oldest van so please send me a Private Message with the details and I will let you know.
    Thanks
    Colin
    PS Hope you get the problem fixed, you can't do better than Ant.

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    Here is Tony Swann's website

http://www.actyvan.net/About%20Us.html

Leave a comment:

• ant
    replied
    Hi Hastings.
    You've really got my memory in overload for this one, it must be a hundred years since I last stripped a Honda carburetor. From memory the most likely problem will either be a hole or split in the accelerator pump diaphragm or more simply a faulty fuel shut off solenoid. The latter would intermittently stop the fuel for a millisecond giving a rough and jerking feel to the engine. The pump diaphragm would result in a flat response to the throttle especially when accelerating hard up through the gears. As for bits, thats a much harder trick to solve, try breaker websites or Tony Swann ( Acty man) on this site.
    Ant

Leave a comment:

• hastings
    started a topic Acty Romahome carborretor problem

Acty Romahome carborretor problem

Hi all, my lovely old 1984 acty has developed a problem with the carborretor, I think its something to do with a kind of vacuum setup inside, my mechanic has stripped it down and done his best, but cant her running properly...does anybody have any tips or come to that a suitable replacement? Havent been able to source one so any help really would be appreciated, as otherwise it might be the end for her!!!! Thanks in hope
    Jean::

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X