Door Retainer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Retainer?

Hello Ant, It's Daisie here again. Just a small problem. The top plastic back door retainer is broken on my 1987 Demountable Bedford Rascal Romahome, I have tried to get a replacement from my local caravan dealer but the one they are advising is not the same as the one I have. The one I would like to get has a square back plate of about 2 " square with 4 screws holes that fix to the van body and has to stick out about 2 1/4" to be able to reach the clip on the van door. The reason I would prefer one the same is so I utilise the existing holes. Any ideas please. Many Thanks Daisie.

Hi Daisie.
    I know the thing you're talking about, sadly I've not seen the 4 screw hole type for some time now, most modern ones only have two screw holes. Try looking on the Unipart Leisure website they normally have a range of door retainers, otherwise don't pass a little camping shop without popping in for a look they might just have the last one in captivity!
    Ant

Comment

I ended up tying mine back to the bit that was still there with a piece of string!

Comment

I had the same trouble, but i now think the catch is not broken but that the door has dropped slightly. I also noticed a slight gap at the top of the door against the sealing rubber.

If the hinges are adjusted with an alan key and the door slid up about 10mm i think this would sort it.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X