Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fridge and tap issues

Hello,

I have just got a 1994 Roma home, having been away once now have come across some issues with the fridge.
    It works on EHU, it works from the switch on the dash when driving - I can't for the life of me get it to work on Gas nor do i know where to start with this! Any help gratefully received.

Second issues is that tap and pump worked fine - then tap stopped working - I removed the cover and could get the tap to work by using the switch inside manually with a metal connection made with screwdriver, however this has now stopped working and no pump comes on - again any advice gratefully received.

Many Thanks
    Rhoda

can't give any advice but I am sure someone will come along with good advice - my fridge has stopped working on gas and haven't got round to getting it sorted. Most of the time not a problem - campsite on EHU - driving the battery keeps it cool. Fine for a few days without gas especially when stocked with frozen stuff to begin with. Must get it seen to one of these days - I think in my case could need a new thermocouple - the fridge lights but just won't stay lit when I take pressure off the switch. On the otehr hand it could be spiders or dust blocking the flame... who knows? So far it is not bothering me.

I once had a problem with water - I'd let the tank get too low and must have been air in the pipes - I had to suck the tap!! great fun but it worked!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhoda View Post
      Hello,

I have just got a 1994 Roma home, having been away once now have come across some issues with the fridge.
      It works on EHU, it works from the switch on the dash when driving - I can't for the life of me get it to work on Gas nor do i know where to start with this! Any help gratefully received.

Second issues is that tap and pump worked fine - then tap stopped working - I removed the cover and could get the tap to work by using the switch inside manually with a metal connection made with screwdriver, however this has now stopped working and no pump comes on - again any advice gratefully received.

Many Thanks
      Rhoda
      You're not alone, many have had these problems-help is on it's way.
      derek b and Babs

Comment

Originally posted by Rhoda View Post
        Hello,

Many Thanks
        Rhoda
        Hi Rhoda.
        You have a Comet tap fitted to your van, the micro switches in them are notoriously unreliable, you have two choices, 1 to fit a new tap complete, 2 to fit a bell push switch next to the tap and switch the pump from there . You just need to remember to leave the tap open so it works when you push the switch.

Gas operation on fridges in the C15 is always a bit of a fiddle, partly because you need to virtually pray to the fridge in order to see the controls! With the gas on and tap under the sink on turn the fridge knob to 3 and push it in, hold it in while you turn the sparker switch on. With the spark going continue to hold the knob in. This may take a long time if the fridge has not been used on gas for a while. Some popping sounds will probably be heard as its getting closer to lighting, continue to hold the knob in until the sparker has stopped for at least 15 seconds. If all you get is a strong smell of gas then you've got spider trouble and the fridge needs to come out and be cleared of spiders webs around the gas jet. You can sometimes poke a vacuum cleaner nozzle under the fridge and get enough of the web cleared to light the fridge.
        Thanks
        Ant

Comment

Fridge and tap issues

Many Thanks Ant -
          I suspected it would be something like option 1 - can you let me know a rough cost for this please?

Unable to try the advice re the fridge at the moment as the Romahome is away getting a little cosmetic surgery - nothing serious just smartening up the rusty wheels!

Will try with the hoover regarding the spiders!
          Praying to the fridge - been there done that! LOL
          However from what I remembered there was no clicking or popping sounds at all when switching the spark on?

Many Thanks again for your advice will try this this weekend.

Comment

Hi Rhoda.
            I don't stock the comet tap but can easily get one, I think from memory they're about £12 or £14 and about half an hour to fit it.
            Thanks
            Ant

Comment