Rust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rust

Have just bought a 98 romahome and on further inspection have noticed the inner wings are rotten,any idea where I can buy some replacements?Also if the bulk head is rusty can it be repaired.
    Thanks for any help you can give me,by the way am loving it
    Gary

Hi Gary.
    Most of the C15 can be repaired, parts art becoming a bit difficult in the body department, it comes down to how much you are prepared to spend.
    Ant

Comment

Hi Ant

Not too concerned about the cost as I will be repairing over a number of months,so the major issue is obtaining the inner wing panels ,so if you could point me in the right direction,it would be a great help.
      Many thanks
      Gary

Comment

Gary.
        I think the inner wings will need cutting clean and plating, I usually plate the vertical inner wing and the horizontal inner flich as one to make a stronger job. It's a long time since we could get any inner structural parts as replacements.
        Thanks
        Ant

Comment

Thanks for that Ant,so a repair job it is then.
          Any idea what I could be looking at cost wise for a job like this?
          Regards,
          Gary

Comment

Gary.
            It's very difficult to give a price for welding jobs even when you're looking at it, the holes invariably get bigger and more numerous when you start preparing the site. I try to keep the welding jobs to a minimum these days following the advice from my optician so I might be a bit out of date with prices. I know local garages here don't do anything for less than £100 and then charge on a time and severity basis. Good sound welding is never cheap, "Pigeon s--t" welding is a waste of time and money.
            Thanks
            Ant

Comment

Thanks once again Ant,will check out a few places first,always good to do your homework.
              Gary

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X