Engine Oil ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Oil ??

Hello All. I have owned my Bedford Rascal Romahome Demountable Camper,"Daisy" for a few weeks now & I want to give her a service. So of to Halfords I go, I get Oil filter off the shelf, I order Air filter no prob., then comes the oil. I am advised by a very helpful chap in Halfords to get Semi-Synthetic Engine Oil, I queried this as I thought it would be Mineral, so in case I got the wrong stuff I didn't get anything. On the phone one branch of Wilco says Semi/S another says Mineral. So onto the web I go. One site recognises Bedford Rascal another dosen't. So I try Suzuki Super Carry, after all it has a Suzuki engine. So for the Suzuki it says Semi/S. Another site says Min. for Bed/ Ras, and then say's Semi/S for Suzuki S/Carry. Another site even said Min is Ok but Semi/S is better & Fully Syn. is better still. At least nobody has said use my old chip fat !! I am now totally confused !!! I want to keep Daisy for years & years so want to do the best for her. Please advise!! Help!!

Hi Daisie.
    Your Rascal engine was made when Mineral oil would have been the most likely used, however with the advances of oil technology many engines that started on Mineral oil have now been moved to Semi synthetic. I would use a Semi' as it has a better life and continues to do its job better for longer than many Mineral oils. Either a 15W 40 or a 10W 40 will do with a ACEA A3 rating.
    Ant

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
    Working...
    X