Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water tank in C15 Romahome Hylo

Hi,
    Does anyone know of a good reason why the water tank cannot go in the rear locker, nearer to the sink ? I have not bothered to connect a filler hose between the external filler cap and the tank itself and, instead, just fill the tank directly with a hose. I moved the pump earlier today and the tank fits nicely in the rear locker. Just before I shorten the hose from the pump to the tap, I thought I'd ask if I have overlooked something.

John.

Mine was so old (and also a Bedford Rascal Demountable) that it didn't have a tank anyway. It had a 25ltr container that fit underneath the sink in the cupboard, with a 12v whale submersible pump. Even this was an add on, I don't think it originally came with anything!

The only thing I thought about with this one was that, if you were going out for the day, you would have to empty the tank as, housed in a locker, it would slosh about and as not balanced by anything on the other side, would make the van list to one side if you didn't empty it. So it might make your van unstable.

Thought I'd just mention that one. But wait for Ant to give the go ahead, he'll know without doubt whether it's ok, do-able and what the possible risks might be!

Comment

Hi John....

My guess is that the tank is in the front locker for siting the filler cap where the designer wanted it. I too (half-) fill the tank through the inspection cover. 3 x 4-pint bottles full is enough for a fortnights camping the way I use it, as I fill the kettle directly from the bottle rather than drink the tank water.

But I would hesitate to move mine. I have had leaks from the pump connections on a couple of occasions just through vibration when driving. That is not a problem where the pump is at the moment just behind the passenger seat. It might be though if it was in the enclosed rear locker with clothing etc.

Comment

Just remember where all the heavy wts are in the van, the water tank full at the rear is not the best place for it to be.
        Ant

Comment

Thank you all for your replies. I normally only partially fill the tank when on campsites as I do not need or use much water and generally make sure that it is empty or nearly empty before I drive anywhere. However, I have heeded your advice and will not make any permanent changes to the fixtures and see how I get on on my next trip.

John.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X