Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leisure battery use in Dimension

Hi

On the dashboard is a cigarette lighter socket and next to it is a 12 volt socket. When we plug in anything to the 12 volt socket it does not work and we wondered if we had to have the ignition on to use this socket and if so is it running off the engine battery?

The reason I am asking is that we use non hook up sites and like to have the TV on sometimes, but like to stand it on the dashboard. The TV socket is at rear of van and it is not where we want to positiion the set.

We were considering having a solar panel fitted but not if it is not possible to use leisure battery for TV from front of van socket.

thanks.

Hi Flo.
    The dash sockets are ignition live ( both cig lighter and 12volt) and are obviously fed from the vehicle battery not the caravan battery. If you like to use the TV at the front you could easily and cheaply do so by buying a 12v socket that comes on a lead with croc' clips and just clip it to the caravan battery when you want to use it.
    Ant

Comment

Thanks Ant, I am learning all the time. Just WANTED the answer to be different from crocodile clips on a battery. It is not a major problem and I know it sounds picky but it just does not go with a modern van that has all mod cons! Also TV positioned on a draining board away from seating area and where I am 'working' at the sink cooking and washing up just does not work for us!!! Ah well back to the Halfords power pack.

Can find no other fault with this van and won't let this stop me from loving the rest of its almost perfect design.

Comment

Hi Flo
        We have put crocodile clip / socket on to the engine battery, running the cable up and fixing under and to the side of the lower glove pocket (passenger side). We can then use it to charge the computer etc without it being in the way.
        Hope this help.

Comment

Hi Flo.
          If you can't live with Croc' clips you can take out the 12volt socket, remove the Citroen wires from it and wire it from the caravan battery. I'd put a fuse ( 10amp) in the feed wire from the battery.
          Ant

Comment

aerial

Flo, do you run your tv from an indoor aerial? I've just got one but have not managed to get the tv working yet at home. I am hoping that when I am on hook up on a site away from buildings it will work. I didn't really want an outside aerial put on the van.

Comment

Hi Bluebell

We run our Nikkai television using the internal aerial supplied with the set. We also have a rubber sucker outside aerial that has worked when recetption has been poor. Usually though the internal aerial is fine.

It is a digital and analogue set and daughter had to help us set it up when it first arrived as the instructions were in 'Chenglish'.

We always follow her handwritten instructions for each new site but it always works and if reception is available it is a brilliant little set.

Have to say though that if we have problems with reception we go back to the radio these days and hope for no 'repeats'.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X