Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MH newbie

Hello Ant
    I have just discovered the existence of citroen C15 romahome, when I saw one parked recently.
    I then started to research to find one for sale and discovered that with an upper limit of approx £2,500, that I am likely to find a vehicle of 1987 to 1993 provenance, to be within my price range, so I am not expecting perfection in any aspect.
    Pre supposing that a vehicle has a recent MOT is there any other MAJOR fault or likely problem with a vehicle of this age that I should be looking out for, that could cost significant money to get it functioning I am a full time student and won't be able to find much money to repair anything significant after purchasing the vehicle. From limited reading I see that rust in the bulkhead can be a problem, is this fixable, or does this mark the end of the vehicle? I am not too concerned about body work rust from the appearance aspect but could this also cause a vehicle to fail a future MOT, or can this also generally be put right? Sorry if this sounds like how long is a piece of string type questions, but to narrow it down I am only concerned about large potential problem areas that I should be aware of. I will of course get a technical inspection, but based in Ireland I could eliminate making lots of long distance trips by asking the right questions initially. Many thanks in anticipation

Hi Maureen.
    At £2500 to spend you're in the "Buyer beware" bracket. The costly bits to look out for are;
    Rust on the Bulk head.
    Rust on the rear Chassis member.
    Collapsed rear trailing arm bushes ( the rear wheels will look like they are tipped in at the top, and loud clanking noise when going over a bump).
    Simple electrical bits are getting harder to find ( wiper motors, heater blowers etc).
    Check it has had a Timing ( Cam) belt.
    Body rust is only an MOT problem if it leaves sharp edges that might cause a pedestrian some harm!
    If it's ever been run out of water ( over heated to the point of stopping) just walk away.
    Ant

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
    Working...
    X