Caravan Wheels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caravan Wheels.

Hello Ant, hope you are well. Quick question. I am after some 10" wheels for my Romini Caravan (13" Wheels fitted at this time) do you know where I can purchase same please? Best regards. seagrub.

Hi Seagrub.
    Sorry for the delay replying, I've been at the Shepton Mallet show for a few days. Sadly I don't have a source for wheels, you'll have to try the scrappers.
    Ant

Comment

Caravan wheels.

Many thanks for your reply Ant, hope you enjoyed the show. Best regards. seagrub.

Comment

I ordered some 13" wheels for my Rascal Romahome locally - try your local tyre supplier, they may be able to order if they don't have them in stock... I'm pretty sure you can still get them though.

Comment

Romini Wheels.

Many thanks Jay-Jay, the reason I 'Asked Ant' about the wheels, I was under the impression that caravan wheels may be of special strength etc., I have 13" wheels on my Romini at this time, but I am thinking of reverting to 10" wheels, what do you think? do 10" wheels give enough ground clearance? as I am presuming you have had 10" wheels?
          Sorry for the delay in reply to your information on same, but I have just seen your entry. Best wishes. seagrub.

Comment

Originally posted by seagrub View Post
            Many thanks Jay-Jay, the reason I 'Asked Ant' about the wheels, I was under the impression that caravan wheels may be of special strength etc., I have 13" wheels on my Romini at this time, but I am thinking of reverting to 10" wheels, what do you think? do 10" wheels give enough ground clearance? as I am presuming you have had 10" wheels?
            Sorry for the delay in reply to your information on same, but I have just seen your entry. Best wishes. seagrub.
            Don't know if I'm right, but I seem to remember that van tyres (i.e., reinforced) can be used on caravans. For a romini with very lightweight chassis, you may be ok with just ordinary car tyres, but see if someone on here can check that out - we have a few Romini owners, hope one will be along soon to confirm!

I would have thought that 13" wheels will grip the road better than 10" though, and have a wider contact with the ground.

Comment

According to available literature, Rominis were variously produced with 10, 12 and 13 inch wheels. Whether there were differences in construction I do not know, but if so, fitting 10" wheels may give your van a "nose up" attitude which is bad for stability. It is well accepted that trailers and caravans should ideally tow "nose down" slightly.
              My Romini has 13" wheels and I can see no reason to change them. Tyre availability may be one and 13" tyres of the correct section may be difficult to get, but I have a boat trailer and I KNOW that 10" tyres are like hen's teeth.
              As far as loading is concerned: all tyres are now compulsorily marked with maximum load. As long as you do not exceed that marking the tyres are suitable.
              There are people who insist that only crossply tyre are used on caravans. I can only say my Romini came with 13" steel radials and was once clocked at 74mph with absolute stability. I am not going to expand how, why, when or where that was! I will only admit that my sports car was towing it and it could have gone faster!
              Jim.
              Last edited by Twolitre; 18-09-2010, 15:20.
              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Romini Wheels.

Many thanks JayJay & Towlitre. What a great team! Great advice from former and latter 'Romini' owners, I will now be keeping my 13" Wheels, plus the advice you have both given, will, I am sure, be of great help to 'Romini' owners around the world??
                Attached Files

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X