Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tv problems

Hi Ant,
    I bought the manufacturers tv/dvd when I purchased my R10 last November. It didn't receive signals at Comberton and I was told it was due to poor reception. It does not work anywhere and I intend to use the leisure battery. I'm told it may be connected wrongly but the supplier is not familiar with the difficulty and to be quite honest sounds a bit frustrated with the problem. Romahome are going to talk them through it when the van goes in yet again. Its a bit disappointing as the tv cost over £500 from the manufacturer. Have you come across this problem before? The aerial looks pretty useless but Romahome should know.
    Thanks
    Jill S

Jill

Sure Ant will be along shortly.
    We had a Sovos TV fitted in the R25,

http://www.buycleverstuff.co.uk/sovo...slot-749-p.asp

and had similar problems to you with reception and decided to remake the coax plug on the set. Prior to that we could only get TV in the strongest of areas, which now seems a lot better.
    Just come back from France where we managed in a lot of locations to get French digital channels also, handy for local weather.

Tony Anchorman
    Last edited by anchorman; 14-09-2010, 18:24.

Comment

Hi Jill.
      I'm afraid Romahome have never been very good at co ax' cable joints, the importance of keeping the earth out from the signal inner just doesn't seem to have registered for many years now. I find similar problems with the radios in all Romahomes if the aerial has needed to be extended and end up re-doing them all before they go out. It sounds like the same problem to me, I'd get the aerial bit checked as I doubt the TV will have any problems.
      Thanks
      Ant

Comment

Hi Ant. I have the same Sovos TV/DVD player in an R10. Recently (the last couple of weeks) although the dvd picture plays well enough the sound doesn't start until five or ten minutes later. Just wondering if you might know what could cause this fault? Thanks.
        Last edited by Catalina; 18-12-2019, 15:51.

Comment

Hi Catalina.
          If the problem is while a dvd is playing I would think the fault lies within the device or the disc itself rather than in the fitting ( aerial signal etc). Try fast forwarding the disc and see if the sound plays any better, then start it from the beginning again if the sound fails at the beginning but is ok mid disc you could try another disc, if it does the same thing the fault is within the device. Damp and dust were the main killers of fitted TVs, dehumidify the van and try again.

Comment

Thanks Ant, much appreciated. I will do as you suggest. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Catalina you can get cleaning disks insert it in the DVD and it is supposed to spin and clean the optical parts of the player that read the disk.
              https://www.amazon.co.uk/DVD-Laser-L...35696468&psc=1

Jon
              Support the NHS go to Just Giving

Comment

Thanks Jon. I''ll try the dehumidifier approach first (as I have access to one), but will also get a cleaning disk. Much appreciated.

Comment

I've had probems recently Catalina with audio CDs juddering and rfusing to play. Ki though my CD player was caput.

I took the CD out, gave it good clean, blew on the bit inside the lid to get rid of any dust !!! and put the CD back in and they played just fine so it might be as ant says, the DVD just needs cleaning

Comment

Catalina, from memory I remember having problems with the audio on our Sovos TV losing it completely sometimes. Remembered the Sovos was erratic on audio if your 12 volt power supply was low. I'm sure it was around the time we needed a new leisure battery. Anyway after changing the battery the problem disappeared completely.

Comment

Thanks SandraM and anchorman. The problem occurs with all DVDs, but I have a 'cleaing disk' on order and also have a dehumidifier in the van the last couple of nights.
                      Interesting what you say about the leisure battery anchorman - I'll check that out. It reminds me of the issue I had with the Propex heater when the gas bottle was running low - full bottle and all was well again.

Comment

A small amount of research suggests I have failed to look after the leisure battery in my R10, so you may well be spot-on anchorman regarding the sound problem. Basically, apart from the occasional mains hook-up I have relied on charging from the vehicle alternator. The DVD sound problem only started with the onset of colder weather and although the battery is inside the vehicle (under the passenger seat) the van is parked outside. This is my daily drive as well as micro-camper, so I had assumed regular charging through driving the van to be sufficient. Live and learn.

Comment

It may be beneficial if you know someone who can check your 12 volts supply with a meter, reckon that is probably the answer.

Comment

My R10 never held its charge just using the Van alternator . the biggest drain was the water pump.Also the dvd /tv was made to be fitted in a Kitchen on a 12 v transformer of 230 Volt . it was cheep .does not like vibration ..
                            BuzznDave

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X