Dipped lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dipped lights

Hi Ant, I appear to have a problem with my lights,I was driving back from Devon and had my dipped headlights on and lots of people kept flashing me, my head lights are brighter (of course) but I could see so well with the dipped ones, it was very good. I must have been blinding other drivers,any suggestions? I didn't have this problem last year (well I wasn't flashed by anyone) and drove in the dark quite a lot.
    Megan:

Originally posted by Megan View Post
    I appear to have a problem with my lights ... lots of people kept flashing me
    I had a similar experience, even before I upgraded my bulbs from the previous 2 candlepower ones.

The problem (on a C15) turned out to be a broken headlight fixing. Each headlight has three fixings and one of them had broken very cleanly. At a casual look they seemed OK, and the headlight beam looked OK too*, but when driving, the light would bounce up and down. It was only very slight but to an oncoming driver - or one ahead - it was like flashing a headlight at them.

*It even went through an MOT like this because the beam alignment is checked when stationary. Everything looks normal except to other drivers.

Comment

Hi Megan.
      You must have had a bit more in the back of the van than normal, there is an adjusting control next to the steering column which has numbers 0 to 3, 0 is the unladen MOT light level, and 3 is the lowest dip level for when the vehicle is heavily laden causing the lights to shine up to the sky! If you turn the lights on when the vehicle is pretty empty and make a mark on a wall or board where they shine, then from the same position do the same when fully laden, you can then adjust the lights to the correct mark. If the lights wont go low enough to reach the first mark you're taking too much with you!
      Thanks
      Ant

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by ant View Post
        Hi Megan.
        You must have had a bit more in the back of the van than normal, there is an adjusting control next to the steering column which has numbers 0 to 3, 0 is the unladen MOT light level, and 3 is the lowest dip level for when the vehicle is heavily laden causing the lights to shine up to the sky! If you turn the lights on when the vehicle is pretty empty and make a mark on a wall or board where they shine, then from the same position do the same when fully laden, you can then adjust the lights to the correct mark. If the lights wont go low enough to reach the first mark you're taking too much with you!
        Thanks
        Ant
        Thanks Ant for that useful advice
        Gunerdoo Do It Tomorrow ?

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X