Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub caps

Hello

Have just joined the site having acquired a Hi-Lo Romahome in June.

A couple of problems - somewhere between Kent and west Wales last week I lost a hub cap! Can I purchase one anywhere? The van is a 1997 Citroen C15.

The bonnet clip came loose and I had a local garage insert two new screws only to find these went again on the first lift of the bonnet. Is there a solution to this?

Finally, the trim on the front of the bonnet has lifted and same said garage advised I secured it back down with silicone but this has not worked. Any suggestions?

Thank you in anticipation

Scruffandco

Hi Scruffandco.
    The C15 wheel not having any holes in it to tie the hub caps on is always a bit of a problem. The 1997 vehicle would have come with a cap that fitted into a plastic ring clipped to the inner rim. If you need one of these originals you've got a bit of a search ahead, however any 13 inch wheel trim will fit and if the vehicle develops a habit of shedding trims, buy the cheapest!
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the bonnet clip, I'm assuming you're talking about the plastic thing that hold the bonnet stay to the underside of the bonnet. I rivet the thing on as once it's started to give trouble it seems to enlarge the holes where the fittings go and screws or the plastic push fit things don't work.
    As for the plastic trim along the front edge of the bonnet, they always lift at some stage in their lives, normally an early sign of some rust under them ( the little nipple that the clip fits to falls off) but not always. There are some mastic products that body shop repairers use that will stick it down. Some screw or rivet them down but that causes them to buckle in hot weather.
    Ant

Comment

Hubs caps

Thanks for this Ant,

Sad that I cannot get a match for the hub caps (other than a Romahome graveyard presumably!).

The bonnet catch I referred to is the bit that holds the bonnet stay in the up position on the underside of the bonnet.

I will try and talk nicely to someone to mastic the trim down for me and rivet the catch down.

Thanks

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Scruffandco View Post
        The bonnet clip came loose and I had a local garage insert two new screws only to find these went again on the first lift of the bonnet. Is there a solution to this?
        Those bonnet clips are a nuisance and have cropped up here before. Mine stayed fixed to the bonnet OK but broke in two. The replacement from Citroen did exactly the same thing after just a couple of weeks.

My solution was an extra strong magnet. Go to eBay and search for neodymium magnets. there are loads of them. Get something about 25mm daimeter and 15mm or so thick. Here's one at under £6 including p & p.

It will attach itself to the bonnet without screws or rivets and hold the bonnet stay quite firmly.

Comment

Roof vent and hub caps

Thanks Paul I'll look into the magnet. Is there a chance this could interfere with any mechanical bits in the engine?

Havining a bit of a problem with water getting into the floor of the kitchen area of the van. Roof vent seems to be OK and so does the back door. Is this a problem that others have encountered?

Di

Comment

Havining a bit of a problem with water getting into the floor of the kitchen area of the van. Roof vent seems to be OK and so does the back door. Is this a problem that others have encountered?
            Have a look under the sink to make sure all the water pipes are attached, when we took delivery of our new Duo a few years back we found that Romahome hadn't attached the waste pipe properly and when we poured water down the sink it flooded the kitchen floor.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Di
              If it isn't the door next suspect is a rear light cluster. I can't remember how you release the light fittings. I think it involves releasing the plastic catches on the fittings from the inside by poking with a screwdriver.
              Last edited by Derek; 04-10-2010, 19:29.
              Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

Thanks all - sadly I have realised it is the Hylo roof vent as It happens after a heavy rain fall.

It all looks to be sound but this is where it's getting in.

Any suggestions? the van is a 1997 model.

Di

Comment

Thanks all - sadly I have realised it is the Hylo roof vent as It happens after a heavy rain fall.

It all looks to be sound but this is where it's getting in.

Any suggestions? the van is a 1997 model.

Di
                  You may be better to start another thread as this is another query.

Is the roof light a glass one? I don't think the C15 Hylo was fitted with roof lights as standard but some were fitted with the type that are designed for cars. If it is one of these an ordinary garage may be able to help.
                  Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

Hi Di.
                    Your Hylo vent glass will open enough for you to smear some vasoline on the rubber seal, this will seal the glass better, if it still leaks it will need to come out and be refitted with fresh sealant.
                    Ant

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X