Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They said the tyres will be here Tuesday or Wednesday. (Fingers crossed) Orkney is a beautiful place to live. I understand about the long drag here. The road from Inverness seems to go on forever and there's always a ferry deadline to make.

Comment

Well folks it's got to Friday and still no tyres. They said they may be here tomorrow but it seems strange it's so difficult to get 155X13 C rated tyres. I even phoned Kwikfit in Inverness (Our first port of call going South) but they didn't stock them. We are heading South next week via Glasgow..New transport museum and Harry Potter in 3D, to the lakes thence to Wales for about four weeks. I'll try to find somewhere on our journies if they don't reach Orkney.
      Does everyone who wants the same size tyre have the same problem?
      I know the Berlingo has a differnt tyre but arn't all C15's the same or did they change the tyre configuration in later years?

Comment

As far as I know some C15 are wrongly fitted with car tyres which are readily available although when we had our C15 C rated tyres were easy to source through the Internet.

Peter

Comment

All sorted. New tyres all round. Correct ones. And now off for a mega tour of Wales. Three years ago we went to Switzerland, Germany, Holland and France in our Citroen relay camper. If you see a Romahome with an Orkney sticker on the back, say "Hi".

Comment

Hi
            does anyone know if those plastic tyresaver gizmo's work , if you are parking up for long periods. To help stop flat spots.
            Can you use 4 of the winter wheel type on a motorhome ?

Comment

Originally posted by orkney viking View Post
              All sorted. New tyres all round. Correct ones. And now off for a mega tour of Wales. Three years ago we went to Switzerland, Germany, Holland and France in our Citroen relay camper. If you see a Romahome with an Orkney sticker on the back, say "Hi".
              Great stuff your sorted orkney viking, :so happy: have a great tour of Wales, will look out for the Orkney sticker on the back on my travels, happy camping.
              Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
              'Live without regrets'

Comment

Originally posted by peterfowden View Post
                Hi
                does anyone know if those plastic tyresaver gizmo's work , if you are parking up for long periods. To help stop flat spots.
                Can you use 4 of the winter wheel type on a motorhome ?
                Plastic tyresavers are they any good? Winter Wheels can you use 4 on a motorhome safely ? The type that you take the original tyre/wheel off and replace with the steel blocks.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X