• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peterfowden
    replied
    Originally posted by peterfowden View Post
    Hi
    does anyone know if those plastic tyresaver gizmo's work , if you are parking up for long periods. To help stop flat spots.
    Can you use 4 of the winter wheel type on a motorhome ?
    Plastic tyresavers are they any good? Winter Wheels can you use 4 on a motorhome safely ? The type that you take the original tyre/wheel off and replace with the steel blocks.

Leave a comment:

• gadgetman
    replied
    Originally posted by orkney viking View Post
    All sorted. New tyres all round. Correct ones. And now off for a mega tour of Wales. Three years ago we went to Switzerland, Germany, Holland and France in our Citroen relay camper. If you see a Romahome with an Orkney sticker on the back, say "Hi".
    Great stuff your sorted orkney viking, :so happy: have a great tour of Wales, will look out for the Orkney sticker on the back on my travels, happy camping.

Leave a comment:

• peterfowden
    replied
    Hi
    does anyone know if those plastic tyresaver gizmo's work , if you are parking up for long periods. To help stop flat spots.
    Can you use 4 of the winter wheel type on a motorhome ?

Leave a comment:

• orkney viking
    replied
    All sorted. New tyres all round. Correct ones. And now off for a mega tour of Wales. Three years ago we went to Switzerland, Germany, Holland and France in our Citroen relay camper. If you see a Romahome with an Orkney sticker on the back, say "Hi".

Leave a comment:

• peterholden
    replied
    As far as I know some C15 are wrongly fitted with car tyres which are readily available although when we had our C15 C rated tyres were easy to source through the Internet.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• orkney viking
    replied
    Well folks it's got to Friday and still no tyres. They said they may be here tomorrow but it seems strange it's so difficult to get 155X13 C rated tyres. I even phoned Kwikfit in Inverness (Our first port of call going South) but they didn't stock them. We are heading South next week via Glasgow..New transport museum and Harry Potter in 3D, to the lakes thence to Wales for about four weeks. I'll try to find somewhere on our journies if they don't reach Orkney.
    Does everyone who wants the same size tyre have the same problem?
    I know the Berlingo has a differnt tyre but arn't all C15's the same or did they change the tyre configuration in later years?

Leave a comment:

• orkney viking
    replied
    They said the tyres will be here Tuesday or Wednesday. (Fingers crossed) Orkney is a beautiful place to live. I understand about the long drag here. The road from Inverness seems to go on forever and there's always a ferry deadline to make.

Leave a comment:

• jayjay
    replied
    Originally posted by orkney viking View Post
    Thankyou for that. Believe it or not there is a McConechy's Tyre Service depot on Orkney. (I didn't know they existed) Gave them a phone this morning. No trouble at all. 4 ordered, will be delivered Tuesday or Wednesday all being well. £43.00. Not sure which brand. Mrs Viking very happy !!
    Yay!!:so happy::so happy: Did you get the 155x13 8 ply or van tyres? I know it's not easy getting things to offshore islands. I loved the Orkneys when I came over, going back around 5 years now but fondly remembered. Hope to come back one day, just can't get my head around towing a caravan all that way though, so I'll probably do self catering! LOL!!

Leave a comment:

• orkney viking
    replied
    Thankyou.

Thankyou for that. Believe it or not there is a McConechy's Tyre Service depot on Orkney. (I didn't know they existed) Gave them a phone this morning. No trouble at all. 4 ordered, will be delivered Tuesday or Wednesday all being well. £43.00. Not sure which brand. Mrs Viking very happy !!

Leave a comment:

• jayjay
    replied
    Machonachy's tyre and exhausts have outlets in Wick and Thurso, Orkney Viking - have you tried them? I wonder if they'd put them on the ferry for you.

Leave a comment:

• ant
    replied
    Hi Orkney Viking.
    The 165 x 13 tyre will fit but if your rear suspension arm bushes are even slightly worn the tyre will rub on the wheel arch. As you've got a '91 C15 the chances are your bushes are already slightly worn so a 165 tyre would not be a good idea.

I use various "Black and round" tyres. Nexen, Dubeka, Max Miler-x to name three. Some are 8 ply some 6 ply, the most important part is they must be rated to carry 490Kg anything else really doesn't matter.
    Ant

Leave a comment:

• orkney viking
    replied
    155 X 13 8 Ply tyres, not available.

Hi.
    Hope I am in the right place. I didn't want to start a new thread as it's probably been covered before, but I can't find where.
    I am trying to re-tyre my 1991 C15D. I read somewhere in a thread that 155x13 8 ply or van tyres were the correct one for my Romahome. Living on Orkney it's not always possible to get hold of things. My local tyre (ATS) and a local garage have both tried to get 155x13 8 ply/ van tyres for it. They have had no luck and can not find them anywhere (It's what I have been told by the ATS manager...who is a friend)
    They are suggesting 165X 13 8 ply. But I seem to have read somewhere that they are too large in profile, may rub etc?
    Did I dream this or not?
    Are 165X13 8 ply tyres ok for my Romahome please?
    Thankyou.

Leave a comment:

• ant
    replied
    Hi Dave.
    The aim is to stop the tyre drying out and becoming hard, you can buy dressing from Halfords or any other motor factor. I think they're called various things like "Tyre black" , "Tyre dressing", etc. You can use simple things like WD40 which gets absorbed slightly before it dries out, don't put any of the products on the tread! If you leave the vehicle for long periods of time put something over the tyre to protect it from the sun.
    Ant

Leave a comment:

• jayjay
    replied
    Originally posted by peterholden View Post
    Hi Ant,

Our Outlook was registered in March 2007 and has completed about 29000 miles. It was serviced on Monday by our local Citroen dealer who flagged up that the tyre walls on the rear tyres are showing signs of cracking. the date code is 1206. Please can you advise

Thanks

peter Holden
    I read somewhere that the code on the tyres shows the date as being the 12th month of the year 2006 when they were manufactured. Can't remember after how many years you are suppsoed to replace them (cracks or not) but I know on a caravan you are supposed to change the tyres after three years of the manufacture date stamped on them, worn or not, in case of internal structure damage..

Leave a comment:

• davebull
    replied
    tyres

MOT today and failed on tyres . 18500 miles 07 outlook . what do you use as a dresser please .

Leave a comment:

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X