slow going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slow going

Hi we have a 1990 hitop Citroen C15D Romahome and I was surprised at how slow it goes. Flat out on a level surface I’m lucky to get 60 MPH. This is ok as I’m not in any hurry but it really struggles on the slightest of hills getting as low as 25mph! Do you think something is wrong or do I need to just get used to it? Nic

Originally posted by Nicseg View Post
    Hi we have a 1990 hitop Citroen C15D Romahome and I was surprised at how slow it goes. Flat out on a level surface I’m lucky to get 60 MPH. This is ok as I’m not in any hurry but it really struggles on the slightest of hills getting as low as 25mph! Do you think something is wrong or do I need to just get used to it? Nic
    Dont think it should be that slow,mine was quite nippy and would clock 80 easily.
    Speak with Ant when hes around again.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

I agree with Ian

You should get someone to look at the fuel injection system

Comment

This is likely to be the fuel filter clogged, buy a new one and put some injecter cleaner in the tank.

If you do put a new filter in make sure you install it correctly.

Comment

Hi Nic.
          A 1990 C15 doesn't have a very complicated fuel system, if you've not had a fuel filter for ages that might be the problem, equally if you've had a recent filter change has it been fitted correctly? If it draws air the performance will be reduced. That all said I doubt its either of those, by far the most common cause is the throttle cable poorly adjusted. If you get someone to put their foot on the throttle so it is right down on the floor, then look at the fuel pump where the throttle cable comes up to it, you'll see a spring clip that holds the outer cable. Pull the clip off and adjust the outer cable until the arm on the fuel pump gets full throttle, refit the clip and try not to get caught speeding!
          Ant

Comment

Udate - now goes like Rocker

Adjusted the throttle cable as suggested by Ant and can now cruse along at 70/80. One very happy camper Thanks Guys

Comment

well done,the C15 is a nippy little beast,have fun,watch out for speed cops!
              happy camping
              Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Nice one Ant! Isn't it amazing how the silly little things get overlooked?
                I must say, that solution was not the first thing that occured to me!
                Jim.
                Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Did this adjustment on the Duo & what a difference! Motorway travelling to country lanes in Cornwall are now much easier, thanks Ant

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X