Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

propex heating

Hi Ant, and the rest of you techie people,

I recently had to replace my leisure battery as it turned out it was kaput - thanks for previous advice on this Ant. I read in my handbook that if your battery failed that the propex heating would automatically cut out. Now that I have a brand new battery I decided to see if my heating was working. No go I'm afraid. Not even blowing cold air. No power at all. I have full gas so that's not the problem. I'm getting nothing at all from the heater. Is there something I'm missing. I've checked the fuse switches beside the battery and they are fine. What else do I have to do?

Thanks for your help,

Djsooz.

Hi Djsooz.
    Have you got power to the thermostat switch ( red/green light when switched )?. If so the switch in the "fan only" position should make the heater blow cold air. If you have lights but no fan working there is either a break in the feed to the heater or more likely the heater fan has seized or the spiders have set up home inside while you weren't using it. If you look at the top of the heater while trying to run it you'll see if any of the lights on the heater come on ( that's age sensitive, some younger blue heaters have lights inside and aren't easy to see).
    First thing to establish is if power is getting to the heater itself, if it is then the problem is with the heater. Heater problems range from lack of use ( seizures, spiders etc) to blockages of either the exhaust or combustion inlet although the heater normally tries to light with the latter.
    It's difficult to pin point it without seeing it.
    Ant

Comment

Hi Ant,

Thanks for the reply. I'm getting no lights at all, either red or green when I try to switch the heating on - its completely dead - which made me think it was the power supply problem as I understand you need this to start up the blower etc. Normally as you say I get green when the heater is on then red when it turns itself off. I'm still at a loss

Thanks for your help,

Djsooz.

Comment

Hi Djsooz.
        If you're getting no lights you're getting no power to the unit. The power comes via the thermostat, I suspect you've not found a fuse relating to the heater. I don't know if the heater was fitted in build or afterwards but I have found fuses hidden behind the zig panel that relate to the heater and inline directly off the battery. I think it's a case of trace the feed wire to find where the power has got to.
        Ant

Comment

Hi Ant,

Thanks for another prompt reply. I had a feeling I was missing something around the battery area. I'll try your advice and try to trace the fuse via the wire.

Thanks again,

Djsooz.

Comment