Rear Step on Dimension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Step on Dimension

Has anyone any experience of fitting a rear step to a Dimension? I've been trying to get details and specifications out of Hope for the hope safe-t-bar recessed step version or Vangadgets supply one with ali chequer plate. What is not clear is whether both the plastic rear step/bumper has to be removed (easy as it is only plastic and held on with 8 torex screws) and/or does the bar that supports that have to come off as well. We're trying to get something that makes stepping out of the back doors not quite such a drop. The spare wheel I think precludes any type of electrical one.

Thanks for any ideas.

Hi You three!
    The only rear step I've seen on a Dimension was a home made one, made from some Aluminium checker plate ( 6mm), it was simply bolted through the plastic and steel part of the bumper. The underside of the plastic bit was cut away in order to get to the nuts of the fixing bolts. The step was only about 8 inches wide so the bolts weren't working too hard. The underside of the plate that protruded from the bumper had a bit of 19mm ply screwed to it which both gave strength and meant there wasn't a sharp edge to the step.
    Ant

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
    Working...
    X