Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C15d thermostatic switch

Hi Ant,

It's me Riosromahome that is, aka Ecobezhig, Horis Karloff as well.

The twins fans are coming on on my romahome when the engine isn't rally hot. Would I be right in thinking the first place to look would be the temp switch on the bottom left of the rad?

Where can I get a new cigarette lighter socket that fixes into the dashboard? mine went rusty inside then absored moisture that shorted the contacts and kept blowing fuses. I've clean it all but would rather just get another.

regards

Hi Whoever you are today!
    It's unusual for those Rad switches to fail by switching both fans on together, they normally fail by not working either fan. You may have a low temp switch fitted, some would trigger at 75 degrees and others at 90 degrees. If the engine has had some overheating problems in the past it may have had a cool switch fitted. Try another switch as monitor the engine temp rises.
    A universal cigarette lighter will fit, try Halfords, Motoman, etc you might need to find somewhere with old stocks as cig' lighters are going out of fashion in favour of ordinary 12v sockets.
    Ant

Comment

Originally posted by ant View Post
      Hi Whoever you are today!

Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I think I found the problem.

The switch at the bottom of the rad is leaking once pressure starts to build from warming engine. The water gets into the connecter block short circuits and causes the fans to start. There was corrosion stained moisture in the block so I dryed and cleaned it. I think I'll have to get another switch.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X