Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear door seals

Hi Ant

Have carried out your advice in a previous thread on my C15 Hylo rear door problems. My local chap reckons I need new seals all round the door (and he is prepared to fit them) but to date I have not had any success in obtaining these. Romahome centre gave me a firm in Yorkshire but they need size, sample or photo before they can supply and I have no idea and I am hoping you can give me some guidelines or tell me what to ask for - perhaps you can supply these?
    Getting a bit desperate now as water is still getting in. Fridge vent, lights and number plate light have all had sealant put round. I am putting the lower door catch over first as you advised but there is a fair bit of play in the door catch.

Thanks

Di

Hi Di.
    Sadly there are various seals that were used over the years, and if the door has been replaced at any time the age of the van can't be used as a reliable means to identify the seal. Unless the seal has actually got bits missing from it or is phisically damaged in any way I doubt replacing it will help much. More commonly the problem lies with the fit of the door to the frame and the seal strip on the actual door that needs to touch the rubber seal in the frame when the door is shut. If you can see more than a couple of mm of daylight around the door anywhere when its shut a new seal wont help without refitting the door. If having exhausted all other options you feel you need a new seal then I'm afraid it will need to be matched.
    Thanks
    Ant

Comment

http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/bbCMS/bbCMSrenderPage.asp

Seals Direct are pretty good at matching up most seals.

My campervan door was showing gaps all round. Instead of replacing the seal (which I didn't think would work anyway, it was stillthere, the gap was too large for it to work) I bought some of Seals Direct rubber edge trim and fitted it around the door. Gently tapped into place with a small hammer and that did the job, and also kept out the draughts. I think it was called ET57 on their site.

If you pick two or three that look likely, they will send you samples so you can see if they are the right ones. If you can get a bit of the seal off, you can send it to them for matching. I decided not to try and get the original seal out but to edge all around the door with the stuff mentioned above instead.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X