rear lap belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear lap belts

I was looking at other Romahomes on the web and saw a similar one to my C15. The owner mentioned it had “rear lap belts” is this something I could have fitted? I use my mine daily for getting to work etc and to be able to legally have passengers in the back would be a real bonus. Any Ideas?
    Nic

Hi Nic.
    Currently you are legally allowed to have passengers in the back of your C15 WITHOUT belts. It is now illegal to have sideways facing passengers with lap belts. The law is a very grey area where rear belts are concerned in Motorhomes. It is due to be changed to only allow forward or rear facing seats with belts to be used as passenger carrying seats but at thew moment you can use your C15 rear bench seats without belts.
    Ant

Comment

thanks ant, this is really helpfull as we need to pick up our eldest son from devon soon.
      Ta
      Nic

Comment

Please think carefully before doing this because in an accident your son would be at great risk. Roads are so much more crowded and busy than they used to be.

I am wondering whether there would be any insurance implications as well.

Comment

I once had a passenger in the back of my old duo without a seatbelt, I had to stop sharp to avoid a collision and the said passenger who was about 16 stone practically ended up in my lap.

Incidentally I hasten to add the passenger wasn't Pauline, who is considerably lighter than that.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks guys, i think i will stick him on the train

Comment

I regularly used to fetch home my son from Aberyswyth University in the back of my Romahome. No seatbelts either, son used to sleep most of the way as well, not sit up! LOL!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X