Rusty coloured water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rusty coloured water

As I pulled away rusty coloured water came into the cab, it came in between the edge of the roof lining by the sun visor. Then as I braked it ran down the outside of the windscreen, this was coming from where the Romahome body meets the cab. I fitted new roof vents in September but I was very careful to make sure they were well sealed. I have never had any water get into the living area and it’s always bone dry. I would appreciate any help as I don’t know where to start!
    Nic

P.S we had 2 days of very heavy rain just before this happened

Hi Nic.
    The Radio aerial fitting is normally the culprit when water comes in over the head lining. The water rushing over the windscreen would suggest the seal between the roof of the cab and the "Luton" of the body has failed. The rusty colour may not be as serious as it might suggest as when Romahome mount the body they trap a fair bit of swarf from where the cab was cut out and this will have rusted - just add water for rusty coloured water.
    Ant

Comment

cheers ant. i think this can wait for a nice warm day

Comment

Is yours a Duo HyLo. In 2009 we bought a 2001 reg HyLo and it leaked into the cab. First through the cab light, then along the top of the windscreen and passenger pillar. At first this was thought to be from the aerial fitting. It was difficult to trace the cause. Being returned to Freeborn three times. Each time they thought they had found a cure. Eventually we changed it for a 2002 HyTop and the HyLo went back to the Isle of Wight where I am told it was eventually cured I think the roof was removed and the seals renewed. I hope your problem is not so drastic.

Comment

fixed the leak (thanks Ant) but does anyone know how to get rid of the water stains in the roof lining? doesnt matter if its really hard work as the wife is going to do itNic

Comment

Hi Nic.
            A very very dilute solution of bleach, just dab it on so the headlining is barely damp, don't scrub it. Then leave it for a week and repeat until the staining has faded enough to live with.
            Ant

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X