Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C15 romahome bulkhead

Hello Ant,

Happy New Year to You. It's while since I needed your expert help...

I had a water ingress problem due to rust holes around the heater fan assembly.With some tips from your goodself, I repaired all I could see and get at but I still get a dribble from up above the pedals somewhere. I think it may be from near the drain hole area but I cant seem to stop it. It's not a big problem to me as the rest of the van is great. The engine has done 80K now but starts 1st flick and runs like a good un - 50 mpg and totally reliable. All I do is oil and filters every 5k and injector cleaner from time to time.

My question is regarding possible MOT issues. Do you know if this area is part of the MOT check ? and if so what the guide lines are.

Many thanks
    Regards
    Scotty

Just a simple comment. If you cannot find the hole how could the MOT tester. If you can find the hole you could find someone to repair it.

Comment

C15 Bulkhead

Hi,

I take your point.

Rgds
      Scotty

Comment

Hi Scotty.
        While it's true an MOT tester can only test what he can see, he will be looking for movement of the bulkhead when the brake pedal is depressed hard. If your little hole becomes a big hole or the rust extends from it and weakens the bulkhead it will become an MOT issue.
        Ant

Comment

C15

Hi Ant,

Thanks for the info. I can't feel any movement at all. Lets hope the MOT tester can't either.

Regards
          Scotty.

Comment