Reversing light; Whale pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by janet View Post
    With your help I unscrewed the panel and lo and behold the the pipe connected to the valve was floating free! All working perfectly now. I woner how many more secrets this van is witholding from me. My latest problem is a snapped suspension spring which I hope a mechanic will sort tomorrow. Sleeping in van miles from home in thick frost! No problem.
    well done,happy camping
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
      well done,happy camping
      Don't congratulate me too soon. I felt so confident I'd sorted problemthat I put 20L water in my tank. Not sure whether pipe to pump was dislodged in freeze (again chose coldest area of England) because although pump was working fine the water was leaking out. It's just a shame that it ran into the well in front where I hide my lap-top! I can't believe there is a crack in pump as it's working well but think I will stop using tank till Spring.(Is there a way of detecting faulty pump?) Now know electical timing belt is also known as cam belt.Gone through paper work to confirm I haven't had one for this van so I'm booked in early Feb. for that. Be just my luck if it goes tomorrow! Come home to faulty light circuit in house so I'm playing with that today! Life gets a bit dull so I have to entertain myself.... Janet.

Comment

Originally posted by janet View Post
        Don't congratulate me too soon. I felt so confident I'd sorted problemthat I put 20L water in my tank. Not sure whether pipe to pump was dislodged in freeze (again chose coldest area of England) because although pump was working fine the water was leaking out. It's just a shame that it ran into the well in front where I hide my lap-top! I can't believe there is a crack in pump as it's working well but think I will stop using tank till Spring.(Is there a way of detecting faulty pump?) Now know electical timing belt is also known as cam belt.Gone through paper work to confirm I haven't had one for this van so I'm booked in early Feb. for that. Be just my luck if it goes tomorrow! Come home to faulty light circuit in house so I'm playing with that today! Life gets a bit dull so I have to entertain myself.... Janet.
        I doubt that the pump is cracked but anything is possible,much more likely is that the tube onto the pumps is loose,unscrew screw clips push tube fully on,tighten clips,to inspect pump,release the cable ties that hold the pump in place,by pressing catch and pulling tie,dissconect plastic tubing hold up pump use a torch and inspect for cracks,probably OK.
        The ice pressure that forced the tube off your non return valve probably forced the tube off the pump. Laptop into airing cupboard to dry for 2 weeks.Probably OK.
        Wet carpet can be vacuumed dry at a local garage.
        repeat after me,poo,bum,pants, thats life
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X