Rear door still giving problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear door still giving problems

Having problems posting a reply to my thread on rear door seals so am trying again.

Jayjay your suggestion of putting the seals on the door sounds good and I have looked on seals direct website at ET 57 and these would seem to be good.

Did you put these all the way round the door - and is yours a Romahome with the stable door?

Getting very depressed baling out daily especially with all the rain lately!

Ant - possibly the door may be slightly twisted so what is the solution please?

A very desperate Di

Hi Scruff and co,

I have a c15 romahome and my rear door seals leak when battered from behind. I have 2 x 6mm drain holes in the floor so it isn't too wet.

I'll get round to fixing the problem though, probably put in new gasket seals from ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruffandco View Post
      Having problems posting a reply to my thread on rear door seals so am trying again.

Jayjay your suggestion of putting the seals on the door sounds good and I have looked on seals direct website at ET 57 and these would seem to be good.

Did you put these all the way round the door - and is yours a Romahome with the stable door?

Getting very depressed baling out daily especially with all the rain lately!

Ant - possibly the door may be slightly twisted so what is the solution please?

A very desperate Di

Hi there! Ask for a few samples, they send them out very quickly, you just email to ask and include your name, address and the seals you think you might need by number from their catalogue or website. Order more than one and see if there are a few more that might suit, you may need a smaller seal on the top and bottom of the stable door. I think the Bailey caravan window seal or similar they sell might fit that. But do make sure by asking for samples before ordering, it could be an expensive mistake if it didn't suit.

Min was indeed a roma with a stable door. (sadly mine no longer - I now have a diddy caravan!) I put it all around the edge, just leaving a gap where the hinges were and where the lock was. It pushed on really easily and I just tapped it lightly with a hammer to bed it in. The only place I didn't fit it was at the top and bottom of the stable door, where they meet in the middle - I think! I'll see if I can find a picture of it for you - give me a bit of time, it's on a disk somewhere hopefully!

Now I only had a problem with my door being draughty, not leaking as such. Although if the door was headed into windy, driving rain I got the odd spot. It cured the draughts, so I reckon it would cure the leaks too, or at least reduce them a lot.

Good luck with that, back with a pic later if I can find it.

Comment