Fiamma F45S Awning

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hughierob
    Newbie Poster
    • Jan 2016

Fiamma F45S Awning

I have a Stimson La Mediterranne for runner of the Romahome Dimensionsion / R30. I wish to fit fit a Fiamma F45 S windout awning. The high top roof is a single layer of fibreglass with carpet over the inside with a high level window. I am not worried about obscuring the window as I have recently replaced the rooflight with a new Heki Mini.
    The awning needs to be off the side wal line by about 25 /30 mm to get past the window, the standard brackets fit flush to the side and I cannot find a suitable bracket in the Fiamma catalogue.
    Any ideas please plus any other info on fixing would be helpful
    Thanks Hugh

I suggest you put this in the Ask Ant section as he has fitted many R30 awnings, and will be fitting one for me as soon as I can drive again.
    Colin

Comment

• Graham
      Admin
      • Apr 2006

I've moved the thread to Ask Ant section, Ant is our Romahome expert at Avon Motor Caravans, hopefully as Colin says he will be able to help you.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

• ant
        Diamond Poster
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Hughierob View Post
        I have a Stimson La Mediterranne for runner of the Romahome Dimensionsion / R30. I wish to fit fit a Fiamma F45 S windout awning. The high top roof is a single layer of fibreglass with carpet over the inside with a high level window. I am not worried about obscuring the window as I have recently replaced the rooflight with a new Heki Mini.
        The awning needs to be off the side wal line by about 25 /30 mm to get past the window, the standard brackets fit flush to the side and I cannot find a suitable bracket in the Fiamma catalogue.
        Any ideas please plus any other info on fixing would be helpful
        Thanks Hugh
        Hi Hugh.
        Romahome used a GRP wedge on the roof of the Dimension to lift the awning away from the roof, I'm sure they would supply them to you if you ask. The later R30 has a different roof shape and doesn't need them.
        You will also need to plate the inside behind the awning brackets to prevent the GRP roof from stress cracking, the Stimson roof was not as thick as the Romahome one and will flex more with an awning fitted.
        Addabak/Romahome no; 01983 293231
        Ant

Comment

• Hughierob
          Newbie Poster
          • Jan 2016

Fiamma F45S Awning

Good morning Ant
          Thank you for your informative reply. When we bought the motorhome at the end of last year it had a Fiamma Caravanstore with it but the bag was damaged due to the sliding door being opened and closed, so we took it off. We had found on previous motorhomes that a wind out awning was the most convenient. Having repaired boats over the years I had already thought of perhaps a hardwood spacer and a pad inside. As you say the roof moulding is quite thin so it might not be a good idea to impose more stress on the moulding.
          Reassessing what we would like and as there is already an awning rail perhaps something more along the lines of a sunshade may be an answer. We have seen a variety of styles on VW vans, do you have any suggestions on this type.
          Many thanks
          Hugh

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X