X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ant
    replied
    Tony.
    That sounds about right, just check the spare terminal on the X70 is a live one and not a spare earth.
    Ant

Leave a comment:

• TonyC
    replied
    Hi Ant,

Found the spare connection o the X70 at the opposite end to where the main four connections are, also found blue wire which is fused before going into a block which connects to the positive terminal on the battery. Have I got it correct? Simply wire from the free terminal on the X70 to a switch and on the opposite side of the switch piggy back the blue wire prior to the fuse.

All the best

TonyC

Leave a comment:

• ant
    replied
    Tony.
    The X70 doesn't charge at a very high rate, 10amp cable would be more than enough. If you have a look behind the zig panel you can simply run a wire from the charger to the back of the battery switch and piggy back the vehicle battery feed ( normally blue).
    Ant

Leave a comment:

• TonyC
    replied
    Hi All,

Firstly thank you Ant for the info. I would be interested in doing this mod but would appreciate info on how to connect what! Do you have a wiring diagram with the additional connections required and power capacity of the cables needed? (I'm not a sparky but can follow instructions!) I do have the original manual showing the existing circuit. I'm guessing a single cable connected to the spare terminal with an in-line switch through to the positive terminal on the vehicle battery may be the answer.

The reason for the question is that a new battery less than 18 months old went down over winter and had to be replaced, fortunately under warranty. If connected via the EHU then this would keep both batteries charged and in good condition in severe weather conditions.

Thanks also to zaphod and Peter for the extra info.

All the best

TonyC

Leave a comment:

• ant
    replied
    Hi Tony.
    The Zig X70 charger that your C15 has does have a spare terminal on it to charge the vehicle battery. Romahome used to use it and give that facility but on closer inspection of the X70 works it was noticed that by using the extra terminal for the vehicle battery you were in fact linking the two batteries together in the X70. The result was on long non hook up stays you were flattening both batteries together. You could still use the extra terminal, but I would suggest you put a switch in line so you can isolate it when you aren't charging it up.
    Ant

Leave a comment:

• zaphod
    replied
    You are able to do this with the Zig CF8 unit, a popular installation in its day.
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• peterholden
    replied
    Neither our C15 nor our Outlook charged the vehicle battery.

You could always use one of the intelligent battery chargers permanently connected to the vehicle battery if you are on EHU, the leisure battery will be charged from the built in charger.

Leave a comment:

• TonyC
    started a topic Charging Batteries from EHU

Charging Batteries from EHU

Hi Ant,

I was talking to a guy today who has a motorhome which when hooked up to the mains charges both leisure and vehicle batteries. I have a Romahome Hitop C15 based first registered in October 2001 and wondered if there is a standard mod for this kind of operation. It would be extremely useful for looking after the batteries when the vehicle is stood over winter.

All the best

TonyC

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X