Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window

Hi ant someone tried to break into my van this morning and broke my back side Window so I need a new one where can I get one from its a 1997 romahome c15 need to sort this urgently thanks

Hi dcurt.
    If your c15 is a Hylo the current R20 Hi and Lo window will fit albeit a top hinged window rather than the sliding one fitted to the C15 in '97. If it's a Hytop C15 there's much more of a problem getting a window. Originally the window was made for Romahome specifically and can't now be sourced from window suppliers generally. A company called ECO made them and still have the pattern, speak to Colin at Eco and ask for a Romahome C15 Planet Window (Tel 01274 679524). If the pattern no longer exists you'll have to send your damaged window to them as a pattern. Sadly it's not going to happen overnight.
    Thanks
    Ant

Comment

window

Hi ant thanks for your reply
      it is a HiLo i just called that number they said they need window and it takes around 3 weeks but i have no garage to park my van if i take the window out not sure what to do now
      the out plastic is cracked right up the middle
      the inner pastic is stilll in tact

Comment

Maybe someone close by might have off road standing room for your C15 where it could be sheeted up while the window is repaired?
        I certainly have, but since you have not even a vague location in your profile I have no idea whether to offer or not!
        Jim.
        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by dcurt View Post
          it is a HiLo i just called that number they said they need window and it takes around 3 weeks but i have no garage to park my van if i take the window out not sure what to do now
          You say it's a Hilo, ( roof pushes up), if so the current window will fit the hole no need to get one made. Only the fixed Hytop needs any special sourcing.
          ant

Comment

window

Hi Jim I'm in Aberdeen
            It's a hi top with 2 skylet windows on the top i have attached a photo
            Attached Files

Comment

Go to B&Q or similar, buy a sheet of clear fablon ( sticky back plastic sheet, remember Blue Peter!) stick a large piece over all of the outside of the window making sure you have a border big enough to wrap around the edges onto the back to make a 2" internal border. All you need is a pair of scissors.. It will last ages, [I did it on a rooflight and it lasted two years], until you can get a replacement.
              Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Get some 6mm ply, cut to shape, cover hole while yours is away getting fixed.........

Comment