Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

immobiliser

Hello Ant
    I am wanting to make my C15 HiTop more secure as it lives on the street, do you know if a steering wheel lock is sufficient or would it be better to fit an immobiliser, how does an immobiliser work and are they very expensive to fit?
    Thanks Lin
    :sunshine:

Hi Lin.
    An immobiliser on a C15 need not be expensive at all. On top of the back end of the diesel pump ( front left when looking under the bonnet with 4 pipes coming off the back) there is a device that shuts the diesel supply off to the engine when you turn the key off. On top of this device is a thin green wire, all you need to do is run a secret switch from the dash board and switch the green wire. Unless the secret switch was on the engine would not start, or if it started would stop a few seconds later at not restart.
    Ant

Comment

Thankyou Ant

Comment

If by any chance you are going to Kingsbury water park I will fit you a secret wire from your solenoind 12v supply to inside your cab and a switch. £3
        I have a dead lock on my rear stable door but was burgled cos I forgot to lock passenger door.

Buy a good steering wheel lock that covers the nut in the centre of the wheel so they can't undo the wheel.

maybe a sensor that sets off a cyanide canister inside would help,or maybe not in our do good society!

Comment

Thanks Rios
          I won't be at Kingsbury but I know what to ask for now and you have highlighted the fact that I have a very flimsy lock on my stable door. What sort of place do I need to go to to get a good lock fitted?
          Lin

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X