romahome to low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

romahome to low

Hi I want to raise the back of my 1990 hylow romahome by 3 inchs how do I go about it .and the heater blower does not work where should i start to sort that. thanks phil

Spring assisters from MAD or Graystons both are on the internest

Comment

Hi Philbarb.
      The heater blower is available from GSF, there was a period of time when they became unavailable but I know they're back as I bought one quite recently.
      Ant

Comment

I bought a heater from GSF £70 ish but can you fit it?
        Springs, you may want to see

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...read.php?t=728

I could make some more I guess if there was enough interest, maybe £50 inc P&P
        Last edited by RRH; 16-02-2011, 08:51.

Comment

hi

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
          Spring assisters from MAD or Graystons both are on the internest
          thanks for the info

Comment

hi

Originally posted by riosromahome View Post
            I bought a heater from GSF £70 ish but can you fit it?
            Springs, you may want to see

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...read.php?t=728

I could make some more I guess if there was enough interest, maybe £50 inc P&P
            I like that idea would be cheaper than greyston would you be able to make some for me.

Comment

hi

Originally posted by ant View Post
              Hi Philbarb.
              The heater blower is available from GSF, there was a period of time when they became unavailable but I know they're back as I bought one quite recently.
              Ant
              thanks for the reply phil.

Comment

I'm making 2 more sets that just bolt on the C15 swing arm in place of the ally bump stop.

I guess I could make for the berlingo too once I have details.
                anyone interested then just PM and give contact details. £50inc P&P

First come first served

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                Last edited by RRH; 16-02-2011, 22:49.

Comment

hi

yes can you make me the spring assitors for my c15 my email is [email protected] or can I phone you thanks phil

Comment

All OK Phil,
                    I put a set of chromed assistors aside so now I have one left.

Comment

Hi Rio.
                      The springs look good, probably jacks the back up a bit higher than the "Mad" or "Graystons" springs. Just remember when you lift the back up you reduce the braking pressure to the rear brakes, with a Berlingo you'd probably not notice but with a C15, which has interesting brakes on a good day, you certainly would. You may need to adjust the compensator valve to get the brakes at the back to join the party!
                      Ant

Comment

c15 brakes

I did not think of the braking glad you brought it to my attention you are right they are not that good at the best of times. thanks again phil.

Comment

Hi Ant & Phil,

Yes I have adjusted the rear proportion valve and brakes all OK.

Anyone that buys them gets some instructions on fitting and to alter the valve, very simple screw to turn.

These black springs are 9 1/2 inch ones that are ideal for towing and improve the boy racer handling especialy on corners, no roll.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

regards
                          Last edited by RRH; 20-02-2011, 09:24.

Comment

When fitting spring assistors, either shop bought or homemade would this be classed as a modification and do you need to advise your insurance company.

I know fitting snow tyres in winter, although improving safety puts up your insurance premium. Daft, but true !

Comment

You have a valid point but I think Ant would be best to answer.

I have 8 inch assisters on mine and it has improved the handling very much. The other day I tried some 9 1/4 inch and they're even better again but sold to Phil on this site.

So whilst the handling is improved an insurance firm may need to know or may not.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X