front seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front seats

I have just bought a 2005 Romahome Dimension and tried making the beds-returning the seats to their original positions I can't seem to lock the front seats-any advice

I maybe completely wrong, but in our Motorhome although the front seats swivel both ways, they only lock back into position swivelled one way.
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Hi Ian.
      The Dimension seat should only lock in the forward facing position. The release lever to swivel the seat is probably the culprit if it doesn't lock. The metal is very soft and easily bent which means the locating leg of the lever doesn't spring into the slot in the swivel automatically. Have a look under the front of the seat and you'll see the slot and leg I'm talking about. All you need to do is bend the lever back to its' original position and all will work again.
      Ant

Comment

front seats

Thanks Ant

Sorry I didn't explain very clearly-am new to this

After flattening the front seats I raised the backs to the upright postion and then pushed the seats back but could not get the seats to lock - I tried pulling back the release lever on the floor level but the seat just kept hitting it and would not lock either front seat-I tried pushing them back slowly then really hard but whichever way I tried I could not get the seats back to their original positions.

I am nervous about driving the van as the front seats move backwards and forwards. I live in London and was hoping to visit Cheltenham at the weekend.

Ian

Comment

We've got a 2005 Dimension and have had this problem before and it seems to have cured itself after we sat on the seat and pulled the lever at the back of the seat out then firmly pushed the seat back while sitting on it before releasing the lever.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Just to clarify which lever Graham means, it is the one with the big handle which you use to unlock the seat to slide it forward to make the bed. For some reason it does not always lock back into position when you try to slide the seat back unless you pull the lever as you do it.

I think we also tried a bit of WD40 on the lever and catch.

I know what you mean about being worried about the seat and driving, it would not be safe as it would slide forwards and backwards as you accelerated and braked!

Comment

Hi Ian.
              The seat will sometimes not lock if you move the ordinary seat adjuster before trying to slide the whole seat back. If the seat is too far back it can foul the two stops ( nut and bolt in the back of the mechanism) before the slide is caught in the centre lock. If when making the bed up you slide the seat all the way forward on its ordinary adjuster, then release the slide so the seat can now touch the dash board, then lower the back ( don't lower the back until this point or you'll risk damaging the material on the seat runners when you slide it). Providing you reverse the process you should be fine, the seat will lock and you can adjust the base in the normal way.
              Ant

Comment

front seats

Thank you Ant, Graham and Pauline

I swivelled the seats first and manged to move the seats forward. (it was actually my wife's idea) then back in their original positions they locked.

Thanks again

Ian

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X