This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ant View Post
    Some of you may already be aware I've been working around a trapped nerve in my neck for some years now, well I finally got around to seeing a neurosurgeon and after a couple of visits have been told I have arthritis in the two upper joints of my neck, the nerve becomes trapped when the arthritis is antagonised.
    Looking up seems to be the trigger and I look up for a large part of my day! The loss of feeling in my arms used to only occur once a month or so a few years ago but it can now happen 2-3 times a day which is a bit of a hindrance. I have been advised with some urgency to avoid antagonising the condition to prevent any permanent scarring of the spinal cord which may lead to irreversible paralysis of the lower arms among other vital nerve controlled functions.
    It has therefore become clear that I cannot continue my business if I'm to have any kind of manageable old age without nerve issues, so I've taken the very difficult decision to wind down the business over the remaining part of the year starting by reducing the sales side reasonably quickly, ( may be some bargains to be had!), and the workshop by the end of the year.
    All those vehicles that have one of my warranties will still have them honoured by me until they expire.

Over the past 35 years I've met many interesting people from all walks of life with the common interest of Romahomes, many have become friends and I hope all have felt fairly treated.
    Ant

hi ant, sorry to hear about your health problem, would just like to thank you for your advice in the past and always looked forward to reading your replies on the form, all the best for the future.
    jim

Comment

Happy Retirement

Very sorry to hear of your medical problems Ant.
      You are a real gentlemen and Romahome are losing a great asset in your dealership. Sad you couldn't keep going with a mechanic doing the physical work and you running the business. I suppose with the difficulties Romahome are having that isn't an option.
      Once again a great loss ,you earned your good reputation and I know that first hand .
      Good luck with the future.
      Pete and Jan

Comment

Ant,
        May I join all the others on this site and wish you a long and happy retirement.
        Jon
        Fast becoming a GOG (Grumpy Old Git:joker:)

Comment

What a pity we are losing the best and most diligent Romahome representative. I too am very sorry to hear of your physical condition Ant. However, how about this for an idea: Given that you know more about Romahomes than the manufacturers, let alone any other dealer, could you write a book on them - servicing, maintenance, typical faults and how to overcome them. We would have to do a survey to see what the demand would be - you could ask Haynes if they want a proper manual, full of useful information in contrast to the usual tripe they print.
          Oh dear. What will the world be like without the EU and heaven forbid worse still, without Ant?
          If you don't travel first class, your children will . . . . . .

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words, Gasgas, I'm sure we'll survive without the EU and I'm certain you will without an Ant. Also I'm not dead yet and can still type with one finger ( that is not a deterioration that's normal) so will continue to help where I can while I remember how things worked on Romahomes!
            Ant

Comment

Originally posted by gasgas View Post
              could you write a book on them - servicing, maintenance, typical faults and how to overcome them:
              We could call it "Where there's A.Will there's a way"

Meow is the time to chill with my cat =^..^=

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post

Ooooh, very clever that, I see what you did there.
                Graham
                Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

:
                  Geoff

Comment

Hang on a minute, he isn't dead yet!
                    If you don't travel first class, your children will . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by gasgas View Post
                      Hang on a minute, he isn't dead yet!
                      It helps if you know Ant's surname is Will.
                      Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by ant View Post
                        Some of you may already be aware I've been working around a trapped nerve in my neck for some years now, well I finally got around to seeing a neurosurgeon and after a couple of visits have been told I have arthritis in the two upper joints of my neck, the nerve becomes trapped when the arthritis is antagonised.
                        Looking up seems to be the trigger and I look up for a large part of my day! The loss of feeling in my arms used to only occur once a month or so a few years ago but it can now happen 2-3 times a day which is a bit of a hindrance. I have been advised with some urgency to avoid antagonising the condition to prevent any permanent scarring of the spinal cord which may lead to irreversible paralysis of the lower arms among other vital nerve controlled functions.
                        It has therefore become clear that I cannot continue my business if I'm to have any kind of manageable old age without nerve issues, so I've taken the very difficult decision to wind down the business over the remaining part of the year starting by reducing the sales side reasonably quickly, ( may be some bargains to be had!), and the workshop by the end of the year.
                        All those vehicles that have one of my warranties will still have them honoured by me until they expire.

Over the past 35 years I've met many interesting people from all walks of life with the common interest of Romahomes, many have become friends and I hope all have felt fairly treated.
                        Ant

Just had my R20 annual service by Ant and learnt of the sad news of his condition and forthcoming retirement (I missed the earlier posting last month). I first came across Ant many years ago on this site when deciding to change my Outlook Hylo for an R20 High. He had one for sale with all the features I was looking for and after meeting with him I had no hesitation in buying from such an honest and nice chap with an encyclopaedic knowledge of all things Romahome. The hassle free generous part exchange deal he gave was icing on the cake! Went back every year for the annual service knowing that my pride and joy was in safe hands and I always received the best possible service and such high standards that will be very much missed.

I just want to add my thanks for the excellent service over the years and to wish you every happiness in your retirement and for the future.
                        Terry.

Comment

Many thanks Ant for all your patient and generous advice over the years and for selling our van. So sorry to hear you have to retire but definitely not worth risking further nerve damage. As retirees we can assure you it does have some upsides and do wish you well for the future. Enjoy all the freedom
                          Judy and David Kelsey

Comment

So sorry to hear this about your trapped nerve. I have the same condition, although not as bad as tours yet! The neurosurgeon suggested surgery, once it gets to your level. He called it Stenosis, agin in my spine caused by arthritis, in my neck and lower back. Hope you can get some releif

Comment

Thanks for your concern Vicky, by stopping any movement that might antagonize the arthritis in my neck I find I'm pain free and keep the feeling in my arms so all in all I have nothing to complain about and can function normally without the need for any medication so far.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X