Dimension electrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimension electrics

I am checking the electrics on my Romahome Dimension before going away and the lights, pump and heater work, but cannot get my small electric kettle to work plugged into the 3 pin socket by the back door or the 3 pin socket floor level.
    I have checked that the kettle is working ok in the house and it works fine.

Is there something I have forgotten to do?

Ian

Err have you connected the ehu?? I'm guessing the lights etc will work of the 12v leisure battery. Sorry to ask the obvious first!!! If ehu is connected, have you tripped a fuse somehow??
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Dimension electrics

Thank you Glen

Sorry I am a real novice - what is ehu

My van is on the street and I have no hook up-so does that mean I can't plug any appliances without the electric hook up.

Ian

Comment

Hi Ian

EHU is electric hook up.

You will need a cable that plugs in your van and the other end plugs into an electric hook up on a campsite and then you will be able to use your electrical equipment in the van. If you haven't got ehu you can't use your 24v equipment.

Other than that only 12v is available run from the leisure battery.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi, if you click the amazon forum shop banner on the top or the page and then look in the camping accessories section, you can buy a ehu cable and also if you can park near enough to your house you can also get an adapter that let's you plug into your house electrics, it's also available in the camping accessories section.

Having just read my original reply, I realise it could be read as being sarcastic, it wasn't meant that way. Sorry if that's the way it was taken.
          Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Ian.
            Once you've got the van plugged in, slide open the wardrobe and check all the trip switches that are hiding behind it are up.
            Ant

Comment

Dimension electrics

Thanks everybody for your replies - all your advice and help is very much appreciated.

Ian

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X