Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fridge probs again!

Hi Ant,

Last used the fridge last year on gas. Then went to a weekend meet, the darned thing wouldn't work on electric. Just left that alone all winter. Plugged it in about an hour ago, still not working on ehu!

Before I had it going on gas, it worked on ehu. Then finally got it working on gas, for a non-ehu site last august. Then to Polstead in October where it wouldnt work on ehu. Still doesn't! LOL. Any clues as to what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks, Jay Jay

Edited to add - tra-la!! It's working on EHU now. I twiddled with the gas knob bit, very difficult to tell if that was switched on or off as it just twizzles round, I think I've overwound it or something. So all is ok for now... I'll probably be back when I can't get the gas bit to light! LOL!
    Last edited by jayjay; 19-03-2011, 17:27.

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
    Hi Ant,

Last used the fridge last year on gas. Then went to a weekend meet, the darned thing wouldn't work on electric. Just left that alone all winter. Plugged it in about an hour ago, still not working on ehu!

Before I had it going on gas, it worked on ehu. Then finally got it working on gas, for a non-ehu site last august. Then to Polstead in October where it wouldnt work on ehu. Still doesn't! LOL. Any clues as to what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks, Jay Jay

Edited to add - tra-la!! It's working on EHU now. I twiddled with the gas knob bit, very difficult to tell if that was switched on or off as it just twizzles round, I think I've overwound it or something. So all is ok for now... I'll probably be back when I can't get the gas bit to light! LOL!
    Jayjay,unless your fridge is different to any I have seen(Im no expert) the gas controls and the electric controls are not linked.You can infact run both at once,not a good idea! I was told by a caravanner I met.So twiddling your gas control shouldny affect your electric control,But hey what do I know.

Over to Ant for the gospel truth.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Jayjay.
      Ian is right, the two controls are not linked in any way. You may just have that special touch!
      Ant

Comment

It's a special curse, actually! LOL

You just give things a good tongue-blasting and tell them to mend/heal themselves, or else!

I always thought the gas had to be turned to 'off' before the leccy would work!

hmmmnnn interesting!

This is a 2way converted for three way, not that it should make any difference. It's definately more sensitive to being level than the 2 way which was in my little Roma, that one worked no matter what angle you were pitched at!
        Last edited by jayjay; 22-03-2011, 10:33.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
          It's a special curse, actually! LOL

You just give things a good tongue-blasting and tell them to mend/heal themselves, or else!

I always thought the gas had to be turned to 'off' before the leccy would work!

hmmmnnn interesting!

This is a 2way converted for three way, not that it should make any difference. It's definately more sensitive to being level than the 2 way which was in my little Roma, that one worked no matter what angle you were pitched at!
          I dont think your gas control should spin round and round,Thats a tad worrying,we dont want our Jj black and crispy!
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
            I dont think your gas control should spin round and round,Thats a tad worrying,we dont want our Jj black and crispy!
            No it shouldn't Ian! LOL! But if you press it then turn it, then it works ok, you can 'feel' each turn and setting. You just don't know if you started at the beginning!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X