Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water

Hi Ant,
    Rodney is going on a test run at the weekend and I want to sterelise the water tank before using it. I thought of using Milton Fluid and then flushing it thru.
    Do you have a better Idea?

PS. You said, when I bought it from you back in December, that I would be talking to it!

Originally posted by Barry View Post
    Hi Ant,
    Rodney is going on a test run at the weekend and I want to sterelise the water tank before using it. I thought of using Milton Fluid and then flushing it thru.
    Do you have a better Idea?

PS. You said, when I bought it from you back in December, that I would be talking to it!
    I used milton fluid,and at year end I put 2 milton tabs in then pump through to drain dry over winter,flush with clean in spring,and its ok.Occasionally you get brown flakes of biofilm,especially after a long hot spell(we should be so lucky)
    Its harmless but unsightly, a squirt of domestos ,pump leave in the line,then flush out completely will cure it. Or use the tank water for washing and carry a clean bottle for drinking.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

I usually use Milton sterilising tabs, same thing. Because my van is put away for the winter, I usually just drain the water out of everything and air dry at the end of the season. Then just before going away (by which time the caravan has stood alone, forlorn and empty for the best part of 4 months), I fill the water container with the Milton tabs and water, pump it up through the pipes to the sink, leave overnight and flush through with plenty of clean water the next day. Then I air dry it again if not going away straight away/within a couple of days or so.

Comment

Barry.
        Milton is fine, not too strong or you'll get the "Swimming pool" effect! Also check the pipes haven't come apart in the very cold weather as you'll get a flood in your wardrobe.
        Ant

Comment

Narnia

Ooower!
          A flood in me wardrobe! Sounds very spooky to me. I may have to swim back from Narnia.......

Thanks for everyones advice - Rodney goes to Derbyshirethis weekend

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X