Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leisure Battery

Hi Ant.
    I need to replace the leisure battery in our 2002 C15 (1.8D) HiTop Romahome. Can you make any reccommendations. I only run lights and 12v fridge however the battery refuses to hold a charge and since I think it has been there for years, we bought 2nd hand, it is due for replacement. Do you have any suggestions I have heard the Elecsol 100 Amp (Dimensions (LxWxH): 278 x 175 x 190 mm) is a good suggestion but would appreciate any advice.

Cheers

Hi Exdrummer.
    The Elecsol 100 amp would certainly do the job but there is little need for an expensive battery in the C15 if you're only using the lights and pump, ( the fridge only uses the vehicle battery while the engine is running) it would be better to try and match the amp/hr of the starter battery so as not to confuse the alternator. I realise that there are very few 60amp/hr leisure batteries about so the next best thing would be an 85amp/hr, the choices are numerous, I use the Numax XV24 MF which is a dual purpose battery that can be used in emergencies for cranking the engine.
    Ant

Comment

Hi Ant,

Thanks for the prompt reply & brilliant advice, I am pretty new to CamperVaning (is that a word ), so the suggestions are very helpful. Have already sourced a Numax 85ah at a very reasonable price.

Cheers again

Exdrummer

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X