How high the water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How high the water?

Hi! A very silly and basic question I suspect. Here goes. On my 2008 HyLo you can fill the water from outside or inside. When hose filling from outside how do you know how high the water level is; is it possible to overfill or underfill the tank from outside? Also, do you need to unscrew the tank top when filling outside to let the air out? I told you it was basic but I've not used the water system in anger yet-we will at the AGM! Thanks, Graham and Carole

it is very possible to verfill the tank,then you get a puddle inside,yes Ive done it! The only way that worked for me was to open the window remove the seat so you could see the tank and fill slowly to 3/4 full,overfilling causes sloppage when moving around.I dont use the tank for drinking water as I have never found an easy way to get rid of the biofilm that grows inside the plastic pipng and gives you a glass of water with "tea leaves" in it.Not toxic just unsightly.Yes I sterilize with miltons every August but its still there.So I use the tank water for washing and washing up and cooking,I cant see the bits in food,I know,not logical! I keep a poly propylene bottle for drinking water that I can take home and stick in the dishwasher.

hope this helps.
    Ian

Originally posted by GeeCee View Post
    Hi! A very silly and basic question I suspect. Here goes. On my 2008 HyLo you can fill the water from outside or inside. When hose filling from outside how do you know how high the water level is; is it possible to overfill or underfill the tank from outside? Also, do you need to unscrew the tank top when filling outside to let the air out? I told you it was basic but I've not used the water system in anger yet-we will at the AGM! Thanks, Graham and Carole
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
      it is very possible to verfill the tank,then you get a puddle inside,yes Ive done it! The only way that worked for me was to open the window remove the seat so you could see the tank and fill slowly to 3/4 full,overfilling causes sloppage when moving around.I dont use the tank for drinking water as I have never found an easy way to get rid of the biofilm that grows inside the plastic pipng and gives you a glass of water with "tea leaves" in it.Not toxic just unsightly.Yes I sterilize with miltons every August but its still there.So I use the tank water for washing and washing up and cooking,I cant see the bits in food,I know,not logical! I keep a poly propylene bottle for drinking water that I can take home and stick in the dishwasher.

hope this helps.
      Ian
      Hi! Ian. Yes, this helps enormously. I will certainly use your method and endeavour NOT to overfill the tank. Much appreciated. Graham

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X