Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Warranty

Good morning Ant

I have a Numax LV26MF battery that is 18months old and it has gone faulty. I have been in touch with the supplier who wants to send it back to the manufacturer for tests before replacement. They claim that the majority of battery failures are caused by overcharging and are not covered by warranty.

Is this normal. According to the zig manual that came with my Romahome it is impossible to overcharge the battery using the zig unless there is a battery fault to start with. I know that the split charging system is not overcharging because the vehicle battery has not failed.

Thanks

Peter

Hi Peter.
    With a fully functioning zig charger you wont over charge the battery, I have had some zigs fail and run flat out but it's very obvious there's something wrong because you can smell the battery getting hot. The engine charging would not over charge unless the alternators' voltage regulator was faulty, again these tend to fail and stop charging rather than over charge.
    I'd stand your ground on the warranty, things fail for all sorts of reasons it's too easy to blame the charging.
    When you return the battery have it tested by the supplier while you're there, if it tests faulty, it's faulty, if the warranty was a written one with the over charging exclusion and its found to have been over charged you out of luck. If, as I suspect you only learnt of the exclusion when making a claim they're out of luck!
    Ant

Comment

Thanks Ant

have been back today and have a replacement battery, ours has to go off for testing, we wait with baited breath to see what the results are!!

Peter

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X