Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas hob

Hi Ant

I have recently bought a romahome and am busy doing it up.

One of the rings on the gas hob leaves the pans blackened on the bottom after use. I have tried adjusting the amount of gas coming through on the fitting at the top of the gas bottle but it hasn't made much difference.

Can you suggest anything? Would it need to be a Corgi registered engineer that fixed it?

Thanks

Anna

Hi Anna.
    You don't say which gas you're using, sometimes the "Camping Gaz" gives trouble with sooting, different bottles seem to be better than others. Old gas bottles have a build up of gas oil which also causes "yellow flame burning". The regulator may be too old( it's date stamped, and should be no older than 10yrs) or faulty. Finally any spillage on the burners that is restricting the air flow will cause sooty burning.
    Once you've established who the culprit is, clean all the soot off pots and cooker as the presence of soot also encourages the formation of soot.
    Thanks
    Ant

Comment

Hi Anna, I had one ring which burned with a yellow flame. I unscrewed the rings (if like mine, they unscrew with a phillips screwdriver in the middle). Then I soaked them overnight in soda crystals and hot water and gave the whole of the part a good brush with a wire brush then next day. Then I checked down the gas pipe where it comes out and cleaned all the debris from out of there with a wet cloth. After reassembling, both burners burned a nice blue, but Ant is right when he says camping gaz does actually soot a bit on burning.

But try a good clean, the problem was halved when I got the rings and stands underneath off and soaked them and got rid of the grease.

Comment

Thanks Ant and Jayjay for your replies.
        It is camping gaz that is hooked up to the stove. I will check out the date on the regulator, and give it a clean too.
        Busy busy!
        Anna

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X