Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

undersink cupboard

Dear Ant help again please
    We own 2007 Outlook (Exclusive) before using the under sink cupboard I lined it with non slip shelf covers, however eventually these adhered but easily peeled off, now the original surfaces feel tacky. Before trying anything that may make the situation worse could you suggest something to restore to the original smooth surfaces?
    Sincerely Barbara

what r the shelf made out of are they wood covered with laminate if so try mayonaise it removes sticker from laminated shelf

Comment

Hi Barbara.
      The shelves have a painted finish, I'd try warm vinegar. If you try any type of thinners it would remove the paint on the shelf. Vinegar or alcohol are my two "if all else fails" cleaning solutions.
      Ant

Comment

undersink cupboard

Thank you so much for the for the suggestions will get to it this week and let you know.
        sincerely
        Barbara

Comment

undersink cupboard

Dear Ant, tried the vinegar did not shift the unsightly sticky stains, also tried mixing vinegar with baking soda, less sticky now but still unsightly, spoils the appearance of an immaculate much loved Outlook Exclusive.
          Unfortunately I am selling our pride & joy only done 9000 miles as hubby's Alzheimer's is too advanced to camp hence the fuss about the cupboards, should I paint the shelves with cream matt emulsion? will it make it worse as matching the shade could be difficult, do you know the colour used?
          Thank you again for your prompt help & advice.
          Barbara

Comment

Hi Barbara, this stuff might work!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mykal-Sticky..._sim_grocery_2

There's also another make called Goo Gone. I've used the Sticky Stuff remover above many times for different things. Spray it on and leave it for five or ten minutes, wipe then rinse off. Might take a few goes, but it will come off eventually.

You can buy it in Wilkinsons sometimes, and also they sometimes have it in Aldi, saw some there the other week. good luck!

Sorry to hear about your other problems. I hope it all works out for you.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X