Rust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rust

I'd appreciate some help on how to tackle this rust. It's not the actual treatment I need advice on - I've done plenty of rubbing back to bare metal, priming etc. quite successfully in the past.

My problem is that this particular outbreak is inside the void over the cab. I can treat the visible part but the source is inaccessible and it just continues to creep back.

So how do I get inside the void (if that's not too metaphysical a question )?

Hi Paul.
    That looks a bit nasty, I've only had one C15 do that to me before. You can quite simply take the cab headlining down and gain access to the underside of the cab roof to see if the rust has appeared. In my case it had and I did most of the treatment and repair from inside then sorted the cosmetics outside.
    Ant

Comment

Thanks Ant. I never thought of the headlining. I'd assumed that the cab would have a solid roof.

It still looks very awkward to tackle but I've done it from the outside twice now. It's definitely coming from the inside and has to be done.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X