Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the fan switch ???

Hello,

I have a Honda Acty, can you please tell me where the switch is to turn on the fan in the van above the cab.I belong to Nuneaton Dog Training Demo team and my dog is transported in the van in a cage but needs a lot of cool air. I used the van on my first outing to the Notts steam and transport rally last week end.We had a fantastic time but the drive home was a little warm for my dog. Thanks in advance

I had this problem with my dog. I didn't have a switch or a fan in the cab though - are you sure there is one?

I have a round fan here, the sort which the RSPCA use in their dog vans. Another member of this forum got for me and I never got around to installing it. It was given to me free so you can have it if you fancy installing it, which would require a round hole cutting in the roof and wiring up. Not a hard job if you know how, so perhaps if you do, or know someone who can, you can have it!

For a temp fix, I opened the skylight and angled it downwards towards the front of the vehicle on an angle thus: car / van so that the air was streaming over the top towards the back of the van when travelling, which did let in some air. As my van didn't go very fast (45mph most of the time) this didn't do any damage and kept my dog a bit cooler.

Another thing I did was to pop out the two back windows between cab and romahome (it 'shouldn't' rain in as there is normally a seal twixt the two), so that I could wind down the windows in the cab whilst driving and the air would get to the dog in the roma. If you want to demount the roma bit though, you'll need to keep the windows.
    Last edited by jayjay; 07-05-2011, 09:57.

Comment

Hi Zakwazzanorman.
      If you're refering to the fan in the overcab bit of the Romahome body, it was a solar powered unit that just started up when the sun came out, there was no switch.
      Ant

Comment

Originally posted by ant View Post
        Hi Zakwazzanorman.
        If you're refering to the fan in the overcab bit of the Romahome body, it was a solar powered unit that just started up when the sun came out, there was no switch.
        Ant
        Oh so that was the broken thing up on the cab roof! (it was broken before I bought the roma, never noticed it was even there until much later) You couldn't tell it was there from the inside as it had all been recovered with carpet in my old Roma. It didn't leak, so I just left it alone.

Offer still stands on the 12v powered fan if you want it , Zak.

Comment

Thank you jayjay for the offer of a fan but i will decline, as it already has a fan in the body roof as Ant has described solar powered that's why i couldn't find a switch. I am still getting to grips with it but love it and can't wait to go on our next doggie demo week end in July Rockingham Castle then the big one Blenheim Palace Game and Country Fair. Will post pics soon of our first outing.
          Thank you for your help.

Comment

My dog was much happier when we could communicate after taking out the middle window at the back of the cab/front of the pod. Made it also much easier to get air through the cab windows into the pod. ... And very handy for posting things through at night into the cab when they get in the way - like the backs of the seats for eg!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X